Aegon is one of the world’s leading providers of life insurance, pensions and asset management. Our roots date back to 1844, when our first predecessor was founded in the Netherlands. Today, we have operations in over 20 countries, including the US where we’re known as Transamerica. Over 28,000 Aegon employees help millions of customers take responsibility for their financial future. As per 30 June 2016, Aegon managed circa EUR 645 billion of our own and our customers’ investments. Our main operations are in the US, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
The Corporate Development team within Aegon is responsible for the origination and execution of mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and divestments across the US, Europe and Asia. Our goal is to deliver on Aegon’s strategy, by pursuing transactions that enhance the value of our global platform, explore new distribution channels (e.g. digital) and help better connect with our customers. Currently, we have a large transaction pipeline, both buy-side and sell-side, whereas the size varies from small to large cap transactions, as well as varying in structure (e.g. majority stake, minority investments, joint ventures). We execute deals mostly ourselves, sometimes with the assistance of advisors, mostly being large international investment banks and/or transaction services specialists. Next to M&A origination and execution, we assist Aegon’s Management Board and the Aegon business units on strategic & financial matters, as well as on restructurings.
As an intern, you will be actively involved in the Corporate Development projects, and will be based at Aegon’s headquarters in the Hague, the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, both in the context of transaction origination and deal execution.
Main tasks include:
-The internship offers exposure to various angels of insurance, asset management and fintech industries including in depth quantitative analyses.
– Assist in the preparation of presentations (e.g. updates to the management board, pitches for potential partnerships);
– Perform in-depth analysis on: (i) companies (including their business model, strategy, financials and general profile), (ii) market trends in, for example, a certain region or distribution channel (e.g. digital), and (iii) Aegon business units;
– and Assist the team in the execution phase of projects, by preparing transaction documents and contributing to due diligence processes.
– Good academic results combined with extra-curricular successes;
– Affinity with (international) business / economics / finance / investments;
– Interest in the insurance sector, FinTech and M&A;
– Basic skills working with PowerPoint and Excel;
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
– Fluency in English;
– Highly motivated;
– and Strong team player as well as able to work independently.
– Obtain relevant working experience by actively supporting both origination and execution of M&A transactions across the US, Europe and Asia;
– Exposure to transactions across different business lines (i.e. insurance, pensions, asset management, FinTech and banking), distribution channels and geographies;
– Large international dealflow, strongly initiated and executed within the Corporate Development team of 9 highly driven professionals;
– A competitive internship allowance; and 3 month full-time internship, 4 positions per year.
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry with competitive compensation and professional learning and development possibilities.
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.