IMC – WHERE TECHNOLOGY DRIVES TRADING
IMC is among the world’s leading technology-driven trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Cutting-edge technology drives everything we do and high performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
NEWS ANALYSIS AT IMC
If so, then join IMC as a News Analyst! Why? Because here your decisions have direct impact on the company’s trading profits! IMC is a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognized and rewarded.
As a News Analyst you will partner with Traders to identify trading opportunities in the products IMC trades (Equity Index Futures, ETFs and Options Markets). IMC has exposure to and faces flow that is driven by news and events. You will attempt to find new opportunities that other market participants may not be aware of or are interpreting in a different way. You will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic, sometimes highly pressured dealing room.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Monitor news and make judgement calls on the importance, impact and reliability of it;
- Spot opportunities across Country or Sector Indices or ETFs;
- Look at global economic events and perform impact analysis;
- Analyse and prepare for important events;
- Analyse historical performance of recommendations.
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum academic Bachelor degree in Corporate Finance, Macro-Econometrics or related field of studies;
- Maximum 2 years of work experience;
- Strong and proven interest in financial markets;
- Experience with options / derivatives is very welcome;
- Outstanding analytical skills;
- Strong Excel skills, experience with programming in Python (or MATLAB) is nice;
- Desire to work in a fast-moving and competitive environment;
- Strong focus on team work, details and accuracy.
WHAT WE OFFER
Apart from an excellent remuneration package with attractive secondary benefits, we offer you the chance to be surrounded by smart and driven people in a fun and unique environment. You enjoy responsibility early in your career and we offer you continued learning and development opportunities including relevant (postgraduate) studies. We believe in fostering an environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization.
Globally, we believe in hiring the best people and giving them the freedom, responsibility and ongoing support they need to succeed (and have some fun along the way). They learn, grow and expand their knowledge in a flat structure that means the best ideas are always recognized, regardless of position. Collaboration between Trading, Technology and our Business Operations Team is one of our biggest strengths, and has made us one of the world’s leading market makers.
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.