Accounting Advisory Financial Services
The end of your study programme is approaching and there’s just one more challenge in front of you: writing your thesis. Would you like to write your thesis in a more interesting environment than the University Library? We’d be glad to help! A thesis-related internship at PwC is an opportunity to gain valuable and relevant experience. In addition to writing a thesis, there will also be opportunities to gain practical experience from financial services specialists at PwC’s Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) business unit. Financial Services is an important and growing sector for our Accounting Advisory practice. Within the Financial Services group of CMAAS, we advise banks and insurers on topics such as IFRS 9, risk management and other relevant regulations. Are you interested in this field of operations and would you like the opportunity to thoroughly investigate such a topic during your thesis-related internship? In that case you are the person we are looking for! We are offering you the possibility to write your Master’s thesis with the help of banking and insurance specialists. This internship is also an opportunity to experience what it is like to work in our team.
Who are you?
- You are an up-and-coming talent who has an affinity with the financial markets and the relevant reporting standards and regulations. You are ambitious and yearn to develop further.
- You are in the final phase of your Master’s programme in Finance, Accountancy, Economics, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Management or a similar financial-economic discipline and have had good results.
- You are interested in subjects like Basel III, IFRS 9, IFRS 4, and banking and insurance services.
- You have good social skills and enjoy working in a team.
- You have a good command of Dutch and English (both spoken and written).
- You view this internship as the first step in your career at PwC.
What the job entails
Your chief task is writing your thesis on a subject of your own choosing or one that you decide on together with your coach. Your coach will help you define the problem and will supervise you in specialist areas. You will share a room with fellow interns and other CMAAS colleagues. You will find that, owing to the open culture within the group, not only will you receive support from your coach but that other colleagues will also be prepared to help you whenever you have questions. Since you will be surrounded by professionals working on different types of engagements and for different kinds of clients, you will have an opportunity to test your knowledge, theories and conclusions in practice.
What we are offering
If you do your internship at PwC, you can be assured of aspiring colleagues and favourable compensation.
- You will gain access to our information sources as well as experience and knowledge of your possible future colleagues.
- You will be assigned a personal coach, who will help you successfully conclude your internship.
- You will be given a laptop to use during your internship.
- In addition to writing your thesis, you will have an opportunity to work on client engagements so that you can form a good impression of how we go about our work.
Who are we?
We are PwC, established in 1849. Through various mergers, we have now become a worldwide business service provider with activities in the field of Assurance, Tax and Advisory. We operate in this field within a large range of sectors and clients.
We employ 223,000 people, across 157 countries PwC Nederland employs a total of over 4,700 people. Our relevance and purpose is ‘building trust in society and solving important problems’. This manifests itself in the way we work and who we are, guided by our values: Act with integrity, Make a difference, Care, Work together and Reimagine the possible. For more background information about us, visit our website.
The vacancy of Accounting Advisory Financial Services Graduation Internship is part of the Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) business unit in the Audit & Assurance line of services, in which we assist customers in auditing their financial statements, preventing fraud and assessing their internal control systems. CMAAS is one of PwC’s fastest-growing business units. CMAAS’s customers are international companies, usually with a stock exchange listing. More than 100 accounting professionals work at CMAAS in the Netherlands. Worldwide, CMAAS has 1,600 professionals working in 22 countries. The corporate culture at CMAAS is open and informal and is focused on team work. A pleasant working environment and opportunities for self-development are important to us.
Are you interested in this internship and do you meet all the requirements? Apply directly via the form below.
Do you some good ideas for the subject of your thesis? Mention this in your motivation letter as that will allow us to put you in touch with the right people later on. Please also indicate in your letter the period in which you’d like to do your final project internship.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me or send me an e-mail.
- +31 (0)88 792 29 80
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.