Accounting and Reporting Change, Banking (EMEIA FSO)
CFOs from financial institutions all over the world are facing an increasingly complex and rapidly changing regulatory environment in which changes to accounting guidance can impact everyday business decision-making and long terms plans of organizations.
Leveraging our firm wide experience and expertise to support CFOs and finance teams, EY Financial Advisory Services offers services including: accounting standards interpretation and implementation advice, finance transformations, finance function integration, quality close and reporting and finance process improvements.
The team also works in conjunction and close coordination with other teams within Financial Advisory Services which are focusing on other equally high priority items on the CFO’s agenda such as regulatory change, data analytics, quantitative advisory and corporate treasury functions.
Interested in a role as financial advisor? We are looking forward meeting you!
As an Advisor at the Financial Advisory Services department with a focus on accounting and reporting change you are contributing to the key topics on the CFO agenda.
You are providing exceptional client service and building long-lasting relationships with our clients in the financial sector.
You will experience working with top notch banking clients as you assist them in meeting the ever changing financial landscape dominated by accounting and regulatory change in an increasingly digital world. Disruptive trends in the technological world like AI, robotics and block-chain necessitate a new way of looking at business-as-usual financial and reporting processes to enable institutions to stay relevant and prosper.
The Financial Advisory Services accounting and reporting team guides clients, from mid-size banks to Global Systemically Important Institutions, and help them overcome the challenges posed by the changing accounting and reporting environment. Within the team, a detailed understanding of accounting requirements and finance & control processes is considered key.
You will work with people with different backgrounds such as accounting, legal and business administration. With your analytical skills you will help them to ask and answer the better questions. This environment means that you are continuously trying to translate between complex issues and abstract thinking and the CFO’s agenda. Also the fast pace in which the CFO agenda changes means that you have to continuously develop yourself and learn about new topics.
It is your responsibility, as a subject matter expert, to help our clients with topics such as implementation and support work of the new impairment and classification and measurement rules under IFRS 9, Optimization of Target Operating Model under IFRS 9, proficient knowledge of leasing and revenue recognition standards, GAAP conversions, finance transformations, Remediation, Integrated Risk & Finance Reporting and other requirements imposed by European supervising bodies and regulators.
You like working across multiple projects and are able to stay calm, set priorities and an example in performance and quality. A lot of our work is in English and on an international level, with client and colleague interaction often in both English and Dutch. You are keen to own the topics on the CFO’s agenda, to contribute to a better working world.
This is you
We would like to get in touch with you, if you:
- Have obtained a Master degree in Corporate Finance, Accounting & Control, Economics, International Business, Legal or related and preferably combined field;
- Experience of IFRS and Dutch GAAP, preferably gained within the Financial Services sector
- You’ve developed yourself next to your studies during extra-curricular activities as committees, voluntary work, relevant internships, etc.;
- Have recently graduated or up to 3 years of work experience within the field of financial services
- Have a proven track record in initiating, selling, managing and delivering (complex) projects;
- Are a capable networker, internally in large and complex organizations as well as externally in the field;
- Have a Global mind-set and willingness to travel;
- Have strong problem-solving skills and are proactive;
- Have strong interpersonal skills in writing, presenting and influencing;
- Are able to work in a team and together with the client;
- Are able to help and manage your junior team members with their development from a professional and personal point of view;
- Are fluent in English and Dutch, both in verbal and in written.
You also have the ambition
- To obtain accounting, investment finance or similar additional qualifications (RA, ACCA, CFA);
- To uphold your expertise in your field.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. A career with EY is not like any other: with us, your competencies and your areas of interest will determine your future. We offer you:
- A career within a global leading consulting and audit firm;
- Working with prominent national and global institutions;
- A position with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, and room for personal development;
- To become part of our great team and meet new friends;
- To join EY to make a difference to our clients and help shape the future.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. For more information regarding this vacancy and the application procedure, please contact Crystle Cairo, Recruiter, +316 2125 1398 / Crystle.firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you would like to know more about FAAS Financial Services – Accounting Change & Reporting, please contact Fahad Ahmed, Manager FAAS, phone: +31 6 55 44 24 69, or Huibert van Hövell, Senior Advisor FAAS, phone: +31 6 21 25 25 43
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.