Who we are:
At ACT Fuels B.V. we trade various biofuels and renewable energy certificates. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 200+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is the same.
What you’ll do:
As an Accountant you will be part of the Finance & Operations team of ACT Fuels, working with an international product and client portfolio. This makes it a very diverse and challenging environment, which reflects in the job as well – this isn’t a usual Accounting role. Because we are currently experiencing rapid growth in our scale-up phase, our departments are going through structural changes, as well as process improvements and new software implementations. You will get the chance to experience this new era of business at ACT, and have an impact by making your ideas heard. We want someone open-minded and eager to learn, someone who can think outside the box.
The team includes the Financial Director, two Financial Controllers, an FP&A Manager and three Accountants. You will be responsible for handling Accounts Payable and Receivable, which includes processing incoming invoices, outgoing invoices and bank statements, controlling related balances, and delivering related reports and analyses. Your goal is taking full ownership of the AP/AR process and skilfully managing relationships with the traders, logistics and the Treasury department, as well as having contact with clients when needed. In a nutshell your tasks will be:
- Ensuring accurate and timely registration and posting of customer and creditor invoices;
- Closely monitoring and following up on invoice approvals;
- Processing netting settlements (debtor/creditor);
- Executing the invoicing, confirmation and settlement process based on service level agreements (SLA) with other ACT Business Units;
- Reconciling intercompany positions;
- Processing bank statements;
- Be a main contact for AP/AR related matters (clients, logistics, treasury and front office);
- Responsible for AP, stock and AR transactions for specific product lines;
- Preparing various AP/AR reports;
- Assist with execution of financial audit requests;
- Reconciliation of subledger and GL positions;
- Performing GL account specifications;
- Analysis of cost and margin variances;
- Performing bank reconciliations;
- Performing other ad-hoc requests (e.g. responsible for deliverables relating to an internal project).
Who you are:
- University degree or vocational education in Accounting (Bachelor Accountancy preferred);
- 1-2 years’ experience working in Accounts Payable & Receivable;
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken);
- Experience in international VAT treatment is a plus;
- Experience in Logistics is a plus;
- Experience working in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus;
- Skilled stakeholder manager, working well under pressure;
- Self-starter mentality, good at working independently;
- Decisive, can prioritize and effectively manages time;
- Proactive and illustrates a focus on continuous process improvement;
- High attention to detail and ability to adapt to change/flexibility;
- Hardworking, diligently ensures task completion.
What we offer:
- An in-house position in a fast growing organization;
- Being part of an ambitious international team of dynamic young professionals;
- Innovative environment where personal and professional development is key;
- Competitive remuneration, corporate pension and bonus schemes;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- NS Business Card (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- In-house Life Coach.
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.