Financial Development Program
Are you passionate about finance, controlling and capital management? Would you like to identify and further develop your potential? At Aegon, we have a special Financial Development Program for Young Professionals which will boost your expertise and skills.
The program in a nutshell
What’s the program about? As a Young Professional you will rotate to a new challenging role in each of our three Dutch business units every two years. In addition to on the job coaching, you will get many opportunities for personal development:
- Training programs
- International short term assignments
- Professional accreditation such as RA or RC
Finally, the program is an excellent opportunity to network with peers and interact with senior management. After graduation, successful participants can expect a senior professional or managerial role at any of Aegon’s offices around the world.
The program will start when there are available junior positions. These vacancies will state if they are part of the FDP. The following positions are open:
- Junior Money Manager and FX Dealer
You will start managing the liquidity of Aegon NV, Aegon Asset Management (AAM) and our Insurance Companies on a daily basis. Your investment decisions will be based on a mixture of analysing financial markets, investment opportunities, risk policies and mandate criteria.
Please apply on one of the above vacancies.
This is your future position, because you:
- Have obtained a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a financial discipline, such as economics, accountancy or finance.
- Your minimum grade point average is 3.4 (out of 4) or a 7.5 (out of 10);
- Have gained a maximum of 3 years of work experience and/or you gained experience through various extracurricular activities;
- Are looking for a challenging position within a financial organization in which you learn all about the quantitative playing field and how you can have impact on realizing Aegon’s purposes;
- Aspire to switch roles frequently so you develop a broad view of the organization and your field of expertise;
- Speak English fluently and a good understanding of Dutch (depending on the position you apply for).
Who will be your new colleagues?
Of course, you will be working intensively with your colleagues of the team in which you are placed. Besides that, you will meet up with your fellow participants frequently for lunch & learn sessions, training modules or social events. You can also extend your network by joining the events of Young Aegon.
When does the program start and when can you start?
The program starts once a year, in September. However, that doesn’t mean that you have to wait until September to apply or to start with your first job. You can always apply for this program, even though if you still have to obtain your Master’s degree. Just mention the graduation date clearly on your resume.
Have you graduated already and do you want to kick-start your career right now? You can start now in a FDP-job and commence your program in September. The rotation of your job will then be after two years + the extra months you started earlier.
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning between € 2.800,- and € 3.300,-
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development
- A minimum of 27 holiday days
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses
- Discount on Aegon life insurance products
- An excellent pension scheme
Inclusion & Diversity
At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global financial institution – we are a people business, and we recognise that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
Are you interested in joining Aegon’s Financial Development Program in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume, cover letter and your list of exam marks report (bachelor and master’s degree). We suggest you upload your list of marks together with your cover letter as the same document.
For more information about the program, you can contact Emily van der Werff (Talent Acquisition Manager ) at + 31683041623 or email@example.com
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.