Consultant Financial Risk Management
What impact will you make?
A consultant at Deloitte Financial Risk Management has an impact on the global financial service industry by servicing key clients and working in projects which positively change the financial service industry. Besides working on assignments, consultants also support in preparing proposals and you will contribute to research and writing articles.
We foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
This is how
- Build and communicate a strategic and innovative vision on the insurance industry;
- Able to connect and advise on the full insurance risk cycle, as well as the policy and claims process;
- Acquisition and management of projects;
- Communication with key stakeholders;
- Building and maintaining a strong network;
- Training talent and developing clients.
At Deloitte, the largest organization in the field of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. In the Netherlands, we rely on more than 5,500 staff in 15 offices. Globally, Deloitte has around 250,000 staff and offices in more than 150 countries.
You share your expertise with the 70 to 80 colleagues of our Financial Risk Management department in Amsterdam. The department has the following areas of expertise:
- Market Risk develops and validates models for market, trading and pricing risk using Value at Risk and Expected Shortfall models
- The Actuarial and Insurance team advises clients on various topics of the actuarial cycle and insurance business processes
- Asset and Liability Management steers the balance sheet from both funding and interest rate perspective
- Credit Risk develops models compliant with current and future legislative requirements (Basel, TRIMs)
Financial Risk Management focusses on model development and validation for key financial service clients in the Netherlands, using quantitative methods and techniques to solve various challenges. This includes modelling techniques from quantitative finance, statistics and applied mathematics. Of course, Risk Advisory also has a major impact.
Consultant Timothy Leo describes how he boosts his career at Deloitte:
At Financial Risk Management I am able to combine excellent work with personal growth and building my professional network. As important as it is to deliver good work for clients, personal development is also an integral part in my journey to become a promising professional. This is sustained by development programs and workshops within Deloitte so that each Consultant is able to develop individual skills such as modelling standards for clients and presenting for a large audience. Moreover, my network has grown incredibly due to the many social events within both the Financial Risk Management department and the organization. Examples are the annual ski trip in March, drinks on Fridays, and other social events.
- in addition to a fixed salary, a share in our profits;
- a development program that helps you keep developing;
- 26 days of paid holiday annually, and the opportunity to purchase 15 additional holiday days annually;
- a 40-hour working week;
- an energetic and bright team, with lots of fun activities;
- the opportunity to take a month of paid leave once annually;
- good mobility scheme: choose a company car with a fuel card for the whole of Europe, a cash option, a public transport card or reimbursement of travel expenses;
- a laptop and an iPhone, which is also for personal use;
- a good pension scheme;
- an opportunity to take part in our collective health insurance scheme;
- an opportunity to benefit from tax-efficient facilities, such as company fitness and a bicycle scheme.
What you offer
- When it comes to the technicalities of the job, you’re ready for anything. At the same time, you’re able to inspire and motivate the team to deliver excellent results. You have the courage to try out new things and to keep learning, even if there are setbacks along the way. For the role of Consultant at Deloitte Financial Risk Management, you also are/have:
- Almost obtained a degree in: Actuarial Science, Econometrics, Mathematics, Economics, (Quantitative) Finance or a science Master;
- Living in the Netherlands;
- Affinity with the financial and corporate sector;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Affinity with quantitative modelling, and/or programming;
- A team player;
- Good communicative skills;
- Ambitious, independent, energetic and able to perform under pressure;
- Result-oriented, while ensuring the quality of work; and
- Proficient in English, both verbally and in writing.
Let’s make an impact. Apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We’d like to know who you are.
Questions? For answers, please contact our recruiter Chris Wentink at 06-50055462.
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.