Corporate Banking Talent Programme – Structured Finance & Portfolio Management
You have a natural feel for numbers, are business driven, and interested in advising large corporates and institutions on their capital structure and structuring complex debt financings for them. You are data- and strategy-driven, want to contribute to the sustainability shift and you embrace change and cooperation. Is this you? Sounds like the Structured Finance & Portfolio Management Talent Programme is the perfect match for you.
Within Structured Finance & Portfolio Management (SF&PM), you’ll work at the cutting edge of high-end debt financing transactions for financial institutions and large corporates. Our highly skilled professionals deploy their expertise through dedicated teams in the Netherlands, Europe, North and South America and Asia.
In your first few weeks at ABN AMRO, you’ll follow the 5-week training programme of the Corporate Banking Talent Programme together with your fellow graduates. Besides a broad introduction to ABN AMRO, you’ll participate in hands-on training in the fields of Accounting, Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling, Banking, Credit Risk and personal development. Trainings will be delivered by those at the very top of their field. Together, they will give you a solid basis for further development within the bank. At the same time, you will build an international network of graduates spanning several parts of Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB). A great start to your career at ABN AMRO!
Following the initial training, you’ll specialise in the Structured Finance & Portfolio Management department. SF&PM offers a comprehensive range of teams and activities. You will assist your colleagues in structuring and executing financing transactions such as club deals, syndicated loans, sustainability-linked loans and event-driven transactions. You will work closely with other departments in the bank to serve ABN AMRO’s largest international clients. You will be at the heart of the strategy of the corporate bank, contributing to accelerating the sustainability shift of our clients and making CIB a future-proof bank. You’ll be part of the SF&PM team for three years, and will be trained to become a banking professional and acquire in-depth knowledge of debt financing, lending, portfolio management and more.
The SF&PM track of the Corporate Banking Talent Programme consists of six to eight rotations of four to six months. Together with your Pool Manager you will have the opportunity to plan your rotations and have a tailor-made program matching your desires and strengths. Generally, you will start in either the Lending team, which represents the central hub for all Lending activities of CIB, or with the Capital Structuring & Advisory, where you will obtain a basic toolkit of financial modelling and building pitchbooks. Afterwards, you will have rotations in the following desks: Loan Markets (origination of syndicated loans), Project Finance, Leveraged Finance, Sustainability Advisory and/or Central Portfolio Management (active portfolio steering hub for CIB). Furthermore, you will have a rotation in Credit Risk for two months and have the option to do a rotation outside of SF&PM in departments such as Syndicate or Corporate Finance. Lastly, you will get substantial international experience, as one rotation will be in one of our international hubs (New York, London, Singapore, Hong Kong or São Paulo).
We’re looking for top graduates with a strong link to the Netherlands. You have a strong interest in finance with a natural aptitude for business. You are not afraid of numbers, are commercially oriented, get things done and are naturally adaptable. Your excellent social skills make you a natural team player. You are socially engaged and care about making the world a more sustainable place.
We offer a challenging position with plenty of opportunities, which is why we set clear requirements.
– Academic Master’s degree with excellent grades;
– A natural feeling for finance and strong affinity with corporate banking. A finance or economics master is however not a prerequisite and we welcome candidates with different backgrounds, of which examples could be econometrics, engineering, physics, mathematics, social sciences;
– Relevant internships;
– Extracurricular experience and/or experience abroad;
– No more than one year of work experience;
– Strong communication skills in English, in writing and speaking;
– Curious, excelling in a dynamic and changing work environment;
– Able to analyse the details and at the same time see the bigger picture;
– Entrepreneurial and accountable mind-set, taking ownership of your work;
– Natural team player embracing diversity with a willingness to work hard to get the job done.
What we offer
– We offer you the freedom to get the best out of yourself, to work flexibly and to have lots of room to grow;
– A gross total annual salary of € 52,000 based on a 40-hour working;
– A benefit budget (part of the annual salary) which gives the possibility to buy flexible terms of employment (e.g. bicycle, telephone);
– Fixed contract after successfully completing the 15-month Talent Programme;
– An additional personal development budget of € 1,000 per year, which you can freely use;
– An annual public transport pass valid throughout the Netherlands;
– A good pension scheme and disability insurance.
During the entire SF&PM track, you’ll receive guidance from a Pool Manager, rotation supervisors and trainers. In addition, ABN AMRO offers an ongoing training curriculum that allows you to increase your technical knowledge, deepen your understanding of financial markets and products, and further develop your personal skills. You’ll also regularly get together with the Corporate Banking Talent Programme’s training group.
Apply for this vacancy via the button below before January 1st 2020. Upload your CV, grades and cover letter. Please add your grades to either your CV or cover letter.
The general weeks of training will take place at the beginning of March and September, although we welcome applications throughout the year as we offer a rolling starting date. When you’re invited to take an aptitude test, you must complete it within five days. The test comprises sequences of numbers, figures and matrices. Furthermore the procedure consists of two interviews and a final meeting with one of our MT members.
Would you like to know more about the possibilities offered by the Corporate Banking Talent Programme and this track? Get in touch with the SF&PM Recruitment Team at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (Recruitment) or email@example.com (Pool Manager).
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.