Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
The Houlihan Lokey Corporate Finance business has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, engineering and executing financing solutions, and other related advisory services for a broad range of clients.
As trusted advisors, our industry-specific investment banking groups provide us with a deep understanding of our client’s business and positioning before we are even engaged in a transaction. Combined with this market penetration is our international presence throughout Europe, the Middle East, the United States, and the Asia-Pacific region. In Europe, we work with a wide spectrum of companies, from mid-market privately owned enterprises to large multinational organizations. With a growing European platform with 175 Corporate Finance bankers, offices in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Rome along with global reach and in-depth knowledge across a broad range of industries, we have the breadth and targeted expertise that leads to best-in-class client results.
The Houlihan Lokey Amsterdam office consists of over 10 bankers with a dedicated focus on Corporate Finance across numerous industries in the Benelux. Financial Analysts will work on transactions that provide exposure to various client industries and investment banking services, often together with other Houlihan Lokey offices. Furthermore, you will support new business development and investment banking engagements.
You will work with a talented, dedicated staff of professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different issues and concerns affecting businesses today. The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial and, as such, rewards staff with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals and clients. Financial Analysts are given substantial responsibility and are encouraged to help us grow our business and are typically members of deal teams comprising at least one managing director, (senior) vice president and associate.
· Prepare and conduct client presentations: assisting in the preparation of pitch materials and information request lists to clients;
· Client management and managing day-to-day deal work: build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients, prospective clients and professional advisors;
· Conduct due diligence and participation in due diligence meetings/discussions, communicating with clients and responding to any questions regarding valuation analyses or any documentation prepared by Houlihan Lokey;
· Value companies and businesses: constructing and reviewing valuation and other financial analyses, including the guideline public companies, guideline precedent transactions, and discounted cash flow;
· Presenting valuation analyses and conclusions internally to review committees, externally to our clients’ senior management and boards of directors;
· Reviewing client investment memoranda, board of directors presentations, specific debt and equity agreements, and financial models to develop an understanding of the company being analysed; and
· Coordinating with internal administrative support teams to prepare engagement invoices, working paper files, and other compliance/end-of-engagement close out procedures.
Requirements / Qualifications
The ideal candidate thinks strategically, is motivated, detail oriented, creative, outgoing, and possesses strong quantitative skills. The following general qualifications are required:
· 1-2 years of prior experience in investment banking (M&A, PE or an Industry team);
· Strong analytical abilities and excellent understanding of financial statements analysis with the ability to work through key assumptions, implicit caveats, and limitations;
· Fundamental understanding of financial valuation theory, methodologies, and applications;
· Strong knowledge of Excel modelling;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
· Independent thinker and resourceful problem solver driven to succeed;
· Strong work ethic, organisational skills and ability to multitask is crucial;
· Motivated and demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment.
Houlihan Lokey is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.