Briddge Legal & Finance – Amsterdam – is a rapidly growing service organization, focused on providing financial and legal support for a large number of international clients, mostly companies that expanding into the Netherlands from outside Europe.
Our office is located in Amsterdam (Sloterdijk) with 90 driven and ambitious employees.
To expand our Accounting team we are looking for a Financial Controller who will be responsible for the management, maintenance and efficient execution of the accounting and financial administrative needs of various (international) clients who have chosen the Netherlands as the basis for their activities in Europe. We work for a very diverse selection of clients, active in many sectors and from countries on six continents.
As we have no average customers, we have no average work. We focus on ensuring that the customer gets the financial and administrative support he / she wants and needs to make a success of his / her business. How this gets done depends a lot on the sector in which the customer is active, and on his / her knowledge of accounting in general and Dutch tax and accounting rules in particular.
In this very versatile function you will be the first point of contact for new clients within the Accounting department. You’ll enter into a dialogue with the clients to better understand their needs and wishes and to make clear agreements about these. During the set-up period you will also intensively guide the clients in the process and later transfer them to a colleague in the Accounting department. You are also responsible for independently setting up, maintaining and efficiently executing the financial administration for various (international) clients. You will also have a coordinating role within the Accounting team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- First point of contact in the field of accounting and financial administration for clients in the Netherlands and abroad
- Partnering of new customers in their set-up periods in areas such as ERP systems, VAT and accounting obligations in the Netherlands and other countries
- Coaching colleagues who are responsible for daily accounting daily, to improve their work
- Monitoring the quality and satisfaction of our work by checking reports and maintaining regular contact with our customers
- Where necessary, assisting with entering and updating administrations, preparing VAT returns and annual accounts
Qualifications and skills
Are you enthusiastic about the activities above, able to switch easy and quick and do you recognize yourself in the profile below? Then contact us!
- Relevant HBO education (Preferably Accountancy or business economics) with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the Netherlands
- Current knowledge with regard to relevant legislation and regulations
- Good oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Strong desire to share this knowledge with others
- Result-oriented, pragmatic and hands-on
- Strong sense of responsibility, accurate and the will to continue to develop
- Able to work under pressure, stress-resistant
- Accurate with the will to continue to develop and discover
- Customer-oriented and communicative strong
- Good knowledge of various accounting systems (Account View, Exact Online, NetSuite, Xero), computer programs and extensive knowledge of Excel
A declaration of conduct (VOG) is required for the position and also a reference check is part of the application procedure
We offer you a fun, challenging job with a good terms of employment package in which you can develop yourself with numerous growth opportunities. Thanks to the integrated services of our organization, you can develop into an all-rounder, with knowledge in several fields. In addition, Briddge offers a good balance between work and leisure Are you interested in this position? Send your resume and motivation to; firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position and your name. If you have any questions regarding the vacancy please contact Pascal van Schooten-van Dam, Recruiter; email@example.com or 020-489571
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.