Financial Management Trainee
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location(s): Netherlands, Schiphol
As a member of the Cocoa Finance team located in Schiphol you will be involved in managing the books of Cocoa reporting units covering 10 countries, amongst others The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom and France. You will be involved in all the aspects of finance and accounting which will enable you to acquire a large amount of knowledge on specific local country rules and practices as well as worldwide standards. During your traineeship you will work in different finance teams and business groups to develop your skills on all aspects of our Cocoa finance responsibilities. You will work closely with the commercial team as well as the people at the production locations which will give you a lot of insight and knowledge on the specifics of the Cocoa business. This will enable you to develop yourself not only as a finance person but also to become a good business partner. You will undergo a specific training program covering additional hands-on experience that will provide the foundation to enable you to aspire and achieve a potential management position in our organization while mentored by a Senior Cargill Manager.
- Be an active member in month end closing activities doing stock valuation, sustainability reporting, monthly recharges, reconciliation of volumes and prices. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of the result to the head quarter in Minneapolis and complete the different reporting requirements. Complete and report Mark to Market calculations on open contract positions. (30%).
- Work on process improvements within finance department as well as participate in projects with other departments within the Cocoa business unit or within the Cargill finance job family (15%).
- Develop, maintain and support Financial, Planning and Analysis business partnering initiatives to support the growth and profitability of the Cocoa business (15%).
- Responsible for daily Trading reporting, like position reporting, market exposure and foreign exchange reporting. As part of that you have day to day contact with Traders and Risk Managers (20%).
- Work on specific items like budget preparation, internal or external audit preparation (10%).
- Work on day to day ad hoc requests from internal and external stakeholders (10%).
In the European Graduate Program, you could expect some or all of the following experiences within the first two years with Cargill:
- Initial assignment to a job
- On-going formal soft skill development and technical training (European Graduate Program)
- Mentoring provided by a Cargill manager
- Networking with International colleagues
- Master degree in finance, accounting, business administration or economics
- Up to maximum 2 years of working experience
- Fluency in English both written and spoken is required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to relocate to other countries
- Demonstrated natural leadership ability
- Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently
- Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and cross functional team
- Global Mindset
- Fast learning and self-development: curiosity to learn
- High energy levels. Action oriented. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Able to proactively identify and resolve problems
- Strong analytical skills and accuracy in work
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Stress resistance. Proven experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Strong customer service focus
- Flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company
- Creativity and innovative approach in building and/or improving systems and processes
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.