Intern Corporate Finance – Technology (May 2020 Onwards)
The technology team is a small, young and dynamic team, focusing on ‘strategic events’ for corporates in high-tech, software and ICT-services. Active across all of NIBC’s geographies (the Netherlands, Germany, UK, and Belgium), the team is responsible for NIBC’s origination and execution of mergers and acquisitions, financing of major capital expenditures, shareholder restructurings, and other complex structured finance solutions in the technology market. Project based, high paced and diverse activities are inherent to the team. As an intern you are an integral part of project teams with far reaching responsibilities and ample opportunity to contribute and gain experience.
What will you do?
- Perform market, industry and company specific analyses;
- Conduct valuations and other financial analyses;
- Prepare documents for client meetings;
- Assist in the execution of transactions;
- Contribute to internal team meetings; and
- You will work closely with M&A, Structuring, Leveraged Finance, NIBC Markets and Mezzanine and Equity team members.
Who are we looking for?
- At least 3rd year Bachelor or start Master. We hire top talents from diverse university backgrounds ranging from economics and business administration, to law or technology. Activities showing affinity with finance and investment subjects (such as your thesis, business courses or extra-curricular activities) will be considered as well
- Distinctive academic results as well as extra-curricular activities
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good commercial sense, and affinity with the sector
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in both Dutch and English
- A committed, ambitious, self-starting and flexible team player
- Available for a period of at least 3 months
What will you get?
The benefit of a smaller, dynamic organisation is that you will have a direct impact on both the bank and its clients. During this internship, you will be encouraged to learn, develop and contribute through substantial responsibilities and direct exposure to members of the technology team and other teams within the bank. You will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of corporate banking while having a special focus on the various technology sub-sectors and showcase your talents. Also, by being actively involved in the team’s day-to-day operations, you quickly gain insight in the workings of the bank, a broad range of transactions and financing structures.
Application / further information
Please apply by submitting your CV, motivation letter and academic transcripts (Bachelor and Master’s). Otherwise we cannot take your application into consideration.
DO NOT FORGET TO MENTION YOUR EXACT AVAILABILITY IN YOUR MOTIVATION LETTER.
An assessment is part of the application procedure.
For more information about the procedure you may contact the HRInfodesk, at +31(0)70-3424468 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. For more information about the Technology team, please contact Robert Lodewegen via e-mail Robert.Lodewegen@nibc.com.
How to apply on our website?
Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv, motivation letter and grade lists. To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document!
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.