Internship – Quantitative Research Analyst
We are looking for an Academic student or Bachelor starting with a Master in computer science or any other quantitative fields with a clear interest in finance and strong programming skills, particularly in Python. The student will be working for 6 months within the Quantitative Research Group of BNP Paribas Asset Management; this will provide the unique opportunity of getting work experience within the financial industry and in particular the asset management industry.
Please note that it is not a research internship: the student is expected to support with concrete work related projects with the main focus on (helping with) improving our infrastructure.
• Academic education level with quantitative background – Bachelor starting with Master. Strong preference for Econometrics.
• Passionate about computer science and technology
• Strong quantitative background is necessary
• Strong in programming: object oriented design, test-driven development, ability to refactor code, ideally with some previous experience in Matlab / Python / R. Knowledge on Database / SQL is a nice to have
• Genuine interest in Finance and Asset management
• Creativity (able to add your own ideas) and able to work relatively independently (with support from the team ).
• A high level of ambition and motivation/ strong drive to deliver performance
• Reliability, eye for detail, taking initiatives and ability to work autonomously
• Language skills; Fluent English – verbal and in writing
• In the possession of a valid working permit and visa for NL.
• A full time internship for 6 months
• Ideally starting in October/November
• An internship allowance according market practice
For more information on the content of the internship, you can contact the hiring manager, Koye Somefun at +31 20 3570635. In case you are interested, please send your resume with grade transcript and motivation to AMNL.Recruitment@bnpparibas.com.
ABOUT BNP PARIBAS ASSET MANAGEMENT
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s major financial institutions. Managing and advising EUR 568 billion in assets as at 30 June 2018, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. With close to 700 investment professionals and 400 client servicing specialists, BNP Paribas Asset Management serves individual, corporate and institutional investors in 30 countries around the world. Since 2002, BNP Paribas Asset Management has been a major player in sustainable and responsible investing. Backed by BNP Paribas Group, we are one of the best rated banks in the world (A) (1).
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.