Junior DevOps Engineer
NIBC is looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer to join our Generic IT domain. We drive the transition of NIBC towards DevOps by setting standards and guidelines for IT tools and processes. As our Junior DevOps Engineer you will work closely with an experienced Engineer. You are responsible for migration to Azure, defining and maintaining policies/ standards and guidelines.
As DevOps specialist you are the person to ensure our integration landscape will transform in a centrally managed platform hosted in the Cloud. In this role you have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with our architect to define the roadmap of our platform.
- Define standards, stylesheets and other documentations for our integration platform.
- Maintain our platform in the best possible technical shape.
- Work in close collaboration with the TestLead to design and implement our CI/CD pipeline based on Azure DevOps.
As part of the Generic IT team it is your goal to create a ‘paved road’ for our delivery teams, on which they can deliver value to our customers in a fast, stable and secure manner. You will land in an experienced team. However, with regards to integrations and Azure questions, you will be the go-to-authority. This requires knowledge, experience and a certain level of self-confidence/ sense of responsibility. Being part of our team also means working with ambitious colleagues who value honesty and being honest towards each other.
NIBC as employer
NIBC is evolving from a financial service provider to a tech company in banking. We share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our clients, which we call our THINK YES mentality. Whenever our business departments identify a market opportunity, NIBC IT has to follow up quickly to enable satisfying our clients’ needs. The IT department aims to be one of the driving forces behind the digital transformation of our bank, an ongoing process that will profoundly change the relationship with our clients and the way we do business. We are closely connected, have few management levels and short lines of communication. If you have a good idea today, you may be elaborating it tomorrow. “Work hard, play hard” applies to the prevailing atmosphere, which is professional and informal at the same time.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to ‘co-design your own job’ (there is no formal job description).
- A standard working week of 32-40 hours, enabling you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- A personal development budget, to be spent at your discretion, in addition to the department training budget.
- Activity based working, enabling you to choose the right time and place to do your job properly.
- Appraisal by your manager and coworkers is aimed at your results, and our feedback culture helps you to develop yourself.
- Vitality program in support of a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.
- Annual company wide sports & leisure day.
- First-class commuting by train.
- No vacation registration (and officially 31 holidays).
- Bicycle pool for travelling to nearby business appointments or discovering the neighborhood.
- And, of course, a competitive salary.
What do you bring?
Our newest colleague is confident and experienced enough to bring our platform to the next level. You enjoy driving change on strategic level and at the same time collaborate on operational level to help your colleagues build the best integrations. Therefore you will need:
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience within an (preferably) Azure Cloud environment.
- Preferably experience with rest API development.
- High sense of responsibility, confident.
- Consultancy skills (analytical, advising, coaching, training).
- Leadership potential.
- Fluent in Dutch and English – written and verbal.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines is a plus.
Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and the requested documents. To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document. An assessment will be part of the application procedure. Please note that applications directly through email cannot be taken into consideration.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Caroline Arkesteijn via firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the recruitment procedure, please feel free to contact our Recruiter, Firazia van Oort via Firazia.email@example.com
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.