We are a Dutch company with an international focus and have offices in the Netherlands, Sweden and New York. Our main office is located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the canals. The company has around 90 employees, who have a strong commercial drive, are ambitious, eager to learn, entrepreneurial to investigate new markets and not satisfied until they have found a solution for a problem. At all time we act as team players.
STX Group is active as a broker, principle and a proprietary trader in the international renewables market and financial markets. On the renewables side we broke or trade many different renewable energy certificates and physical renewables such as bio-fuels. On the fixed income side we are active as a counterparty or originator on bonds, loans and cash-deposits on both the secondary as well as the primary market.
Our motto is: “work-hard-play-hard” so we invest a lot of time and effort into developing our employees during and after working-hours. There are a variety of sales, coaching, boot-camp or language lessons made available. And we have a football team and a boat which we use for regular trips on the canals private or with customers.
STX is a relatively young company where the average age (excluding management) is around 30. We have an international focus which means we also hire many people from abroad. Currently we have over 18 different nationalities working in our offices.
STX Commodities is a renewable energy broker and sales-trading house focused on offering liquidity in the relative illiquid international renewable energy markets. STX was established over 12 years ago when the Kyoto protocol was implemented and being effectively one of the first European players on the Carbon Emission (EUA) market.
Over the years, STX Commodities evolved into a pan-European broker and sales-trading organization active in both physical renewables as well as certificates on renewables. Examples of physical renewables are bio-fuels such as bio-diesel and examples of renewable energy certificates are for instance Carbon Emissions and a variety of green-electricity certificates.
As a junior trader/analyst within STX Group you will be trained to become a trader in the International Environmental Commodity markets. For the first 1 to 2 years in this position you will have 3 main responsibilities:
- Assist the traders in optimizing the trade flow;
- Support traders in structuring the trading book;
- Analyze the qualitative and quantitative fundamentals of the environmental commodities markets to help define trading strategies.
In your daily work you will be:
- Working with transactional and analytical data;
- Working as a backup and support to the traders;
- Doing research and analyzing statistics;
- Optimization of the delivery book;
- Use your analytical skills to make creative commercial propositions to the traders.
- Recently graduated and in possession of a relevant bachelor’s degree;
- Strong analytical skills with a commercial drive;
- Interest in the environmental commodities;
- Highly skilled in using Excel;
- Authorized and eligible to work freely in the EU;
- Strong interest in trading and financial markets;
- Preferably living in (the area of) Amsterdam or willing to move;
- Fluent in English and another European language.
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive bonus structure;
- Profound knowledge on the rapidly expanding Environmental Commodity Markets;
- Strong focus on personal development;
- International and professional working environment in the center of Amsterdam;
- Young, social and fun team in a fast – paced, dynamic company;
- Fringe benefits;
- Company events.
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.