Analyst Commercial Real Estate (Corporate Banking)
Why join NIBC?
NIBC provides an environment where anyone can speak out their thoughts, pitch new initiatives and initiate change. Therefore, our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. NIBC is a small, flexible and flat organization where talents can flourish. See also: https://www.nibc.com/about-us/our-purpose-and-corporate-values/
Why join the Commercial Real Estate Team?
Commercial Real Estate is one of the core activities of NIBC. Over the years, we have established a long-standing track record in this dynamic industry. NIBC is active in the origination, structuring, execution, distribution and monitoring of lending transactions in the real estate markets. We stand out by originating real estate deals often combined with capital market solutions, M&A transactions or equity investment opportunities.
To strengthen the team in the Commercial Real Estate business NIBC is looking for an Analyst, who will be actively involved in and jointly responsible for the screening of new propositions, structuring & deal execution and portfolio management.
What will you do?
As an Analyst, you are a full member of the execution and portfolio management team and assist in origination activities in our The Hague office (NIBC headquarters). We work in small interdisciplinary (deal)-teams with a clear client angle. You are involved in the execution of new business opportunities as well as in the day-to-day management of existing transactions.
As an Analyst you will (learn to) assume responsibility for:
- Reviewing performance of existing transactions (portfolio management activities);
- Risk assessments, financial modelling and analysis and judgement of the due diligence as well as legal documentation;
- Become an active deal team member by assisting deal team captain with writing transaction proposals and closing of new transactions; and
- Being an internal NIBC contact person by communicating with other divisions (i.e. operations, legal, compliance, KYC) while being an external contact person for (existing) clients.
Who are we looking for?
Dependable and committed team player with good analytical and communications skills. Also extra-curricular activities and/or other relevant experience which shows affinity with finance and real estate is preferable. Furthermore, we are looking for a talent who is enthusiastic, naturally curious and continuously willing to learn.
Further criteria we are looking for:
- A relevant Master’s degree. We hire top talents from diverse university backgrounds ranging from economics and business administration, to law or technology;
- No experience required. However, a maximum of two years of working experience is optional (preferably in private equity, banking, corporate finance, consulting or the real estate industry). Activities showing affinity with finance and real estate (such as thesis, business courses or extra-curricular activities) would be a plus;
- Analytical and numerical skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills (Dutch and English);
- Good commercial skills and common sense;
- Critical mindset and feel comfortable to give and receive feedback;
- A committed, dependable, self-starting and flexible team player; and
- Willingness to travel internationally.
What can we offer?
The benefits of a smaller dynamic organization: being able to work where, when and how you want. You will not work on a tiny piece of a puzzle within a large corporation, but see the direct impact of your actions within the firm and on its clients. You will be involved from the moment a client is onboarded until the moment the transaction is closed. Also, you will get a broad knowledge of the types of financing structures as well how to manage a credit portfolio. This enables you to learn a wide variety of skillsets, which make you an all-round (corporate) banker. Therefore, being a talent in a smaller bank will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and NIBC’s clients and enable you to understand how the whole bank works and where you can best leverage your talents.
We may offer you a spot in the Talent Program together with a small group of selected talents from all over the bank. This 12 month intensive program focuses on your personal and professional development. Check our website for more information about the Talent Program (https://www.nibc.com/careers/talent-program/). You will also receive a budget for a wide variety of training and educational opportunities (like credit courses, CFA, sector related educations or other courses of your choice).
Further information / application
Please apply by submitting your CV, motivation letter and academic transcripts (Bachelor’s and Master’s) through our website. Otherwise we cannot take your application into consideration. An assessment is part of the application procedure.
For more information about the recruitment procedure you may contact Campus Recruitment, at +31(0)70 3425568 or send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you like to know more about the position, please contact Jan Willem van Roggen (JanWillem.van.Roggen@nibc.com).
Click here for our website.
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.