Analyst – Junior Information Security Officer
Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Information Security team?
NIBC’s Information Security function is responsible for actively promoting a “no surprises” operating environment, which provides for the transparent and consistent management of information security risks across all business units and banking activities in the Netherlands, Germany, the UK and Belgium. This also includes the areas of business continuity management, outsourcing management and role management. NIBC’s Information Security Team is part of the Operational Risk Management function in the so-called 2nd line of defence. The primary responsibility of the Information Security function is to establish a security strategy and ensuring that NIBC’s and its clients assets are adequately protected. As such, Information Security is an important part of the NIBC operating environment and has implemented a robust set of controls, including policies, processes, procedures, organizational structures and software and hardware functions. These controls need to be established, implemented, monitored, reviewed and improved, where necessary, to ensure that the specific security and business objectives of NIBC are met.
What will you do?
As a Junior Information Security Officer you will be exposed to all areas of the NIBC organization, assisting in the further improvement of the control environment by facilitating and supporting the Information Security Team in:
- Developing and maintaining information security policies and instructions and applying a control framework to monitor compliance
- Assessing information security incidents and coordinating their resolution/follow-up
- Challenging information asset owners on their information asset classification(s) and asset management
- Executing role management to ensure access is granted in accordance with the need-to-know principle and segregation of duties is properly addressed
- Executing the recertification process (periodic review of employee and application access)
- Executing business continuity management and crisis management tasks such as coordinating the periodic update and test of BCP Plans, Disaster Recovery Tests and Crisis Management procedures and facilitating the correct execution of crisis management procedures in case of a crisis
- Assessing new outsourcing initiatives and monitor proper management of existing outsourcing arrangements
- Providing information security training and education
- Providing consulting services for information security throughout the organization
- Monitoring compliance with information security laws and regulations and handling information requests of regulators
- Assessing/evaluating NIBC’s information security status, based on ongoing key risk control monitoring, using the CERRIX system and reporting about this status to senior management
Furthermore you will be involved in projects and change initiatives, ensuring that information security policies and procedures are being adhered to.
Who are we looking for?
- Good analytical and communications skills, excellent academic results and extra-curricular activities are other characteristics of the kind of talent we are looking for.
- Information Risk Management/Security and Cyber Security knowledge/experience as well as knowledge of the GDPR.
- Team Player and being prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ when the situation requires this.
- The drive to keep developing yourself in the rapidly changing Information Security environment.
Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles and who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. More information on our purpose and corporate values can be found here.
What will you need?
- Professional attitude, innovative mindset and willing to go the extra mile
- Analytically driven, while keeping an eye on the bigger picture
- Ability to cope with resistance, be self-starting and work independently
- Excellent academic track record (Master degree), preferably in the area of (Business) Economics, Accountancy, Controlling, IT
- A maximum of two years of working experience
- Strong English language skills, German preferred
What will you get?
The benefits of a smaller dynamic firm: being able to work where, when and how you want. You will not work on a tiny piece of a huge complex puzzle within a big corporation, but see the direct impact of what you do in the firm and its stakeholders. Working in a smaller bank will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and enable you to understand how the whole bank works.
We might offer you a spot in the Talent Program together with a small group of selected talents from all over the bank. This 12 month intensive program focuses on your personal and professional development. For more information please have a look at our website.
Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv and motivation letter. To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. An assessment and integrity test may be used in the selection procedure.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Dennis Webbers (Head of Operational Risk Management) via firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the recruitment procedure, you may contact our HR Infodesk at email@example.com.
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.