Analyst or Associate – Growth & Leveraged Finance – Portfolio Management (Benelux)
We’re looking for an Analyst or Associate for the Growth & Leveraged Finance Portfolio Management (Benelux) team!
Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Growth & Leveraged Finance (Benelux) team?
Over the past 10 years, NIBC has built a strong position in Leveraged Finance. We focus on financing acquisitions by private equity funds of midcap companies in North-West Europe. This means interacting with private equity investors, advisors and management teams of companies with an enterprise value in the range of EUR 50 to 500 million. On a daily basis this means reviewing requests from our clients leading to joint idea generation to come to a solution, often including financial and strategic analyses. In addition, we also provide complex corporate loan transactions (Growth Financing) to our clients in the Benelux and Germany where we focus on growth situations, which often relate to acquisitions, changes in shareholder structures, and/or strategic investments/capex projects. Lastly, NIBC Growth & Leveraged Finance is next to The Hague (headquarters) and Amsterdam also present in the UK and Germany, which brings about an international flavour to our work.
What will you do?
As an Analyst or Associate in the Growth & Leveraged Finance Portfolio Management team (Benelux) you will have all the freedom to develop yourself and support our clients. Your activities will include:
- A principal role in assessing and monitoring the performance of our clients by performing company and sector analysis.
- Develop a relationship with a the management teams of the companies in our portfolio that have become independent and/or are in strategic and operational change.
- As part of a broader (deal) team work on the preparation and discussion of credit proposals following requests of clients, including the structuring of debt instruments and negotiation of legal documentation. All is done in close cooperation with our sector specialists.
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost we look for a committed team player with good analytical and communications skills. We value talents that are enthusiastic, naturally curious and continuously willing to learn. Next to that we look for:
- One to two years (for Analyst) or two to five years of working experience (for Associate) in (leveraged) finance, private equity, transaction services, consultancy or corporate finance.
- Good commercial sense and flexible team player
- A relevant Master’s degree. We hire talents with diverse university backgrounds ranging from economics and business administration, to law or technology. Activities showcasing personal drive and development are valued.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (Dutch and English) and the drive to be self-starting and to work independently.
What do we value?
Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles and who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. See also this link.
What can we offer?
The benefits of a smaller dynamic firm: You will have a direct impact on both the bank and its clients. Being an Analyst or an Associate at NIBC will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and provide a unique opportunity in which you can best showcase your talents.
For Analysts we offer you a spot in the Talent Program together with a small group of selected talents from all over the bank. This 12 month intensive program focuses on your personal and professional development. Check our website for more information about the Talent Program.
Furthermore we nurture our entrepreneurial and inventive culture by providing modern flexible devises and working spaces. You can therefore work where and when you want which improves your performance and work-life balance.
Further information / application
Applications can only be submitted through our website. Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv, motivation letter and academic transcripts (Bachelor and Master’s). To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document. An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
For more information about the procedure you may contact the HRInfodesk at email@example.com or give us a call at +31(0)70 342 9669. For more information about the position please contact Siemen van Wetten (Head of Growth & Leveraged Finance Portfolio Management) via Siemen.van.Wetten@nibc.com.
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.