Research Infrastructure (WO)
PGGM infrastructure fund is a leading Euro 8bn Infrastructure fund with a strong track record. The funds makes direct investments core & non-core infrastructure assets.
As a research intern you will assist in the execution of sector research by performing tasks such as:
- Analyzing of (sub)sectors drivers and operational & financial value drivers,
- Mapping of sub-sectors & companies within individual sector,
- Support financial and operational benchmarking of portfolio companies
As a research intern within the PGGM Infrastructure team you will be able to: i) develop your ability to analyze sectors and companies with an investor mindset, ii) develop expertise of different infrastructure assets, and iii) you will be given a unique insight into how the private infrastructure team operates by having the ability to closely interact with investment managers and develop an understanding PGGM’s infrastructure team investment processes.
PGGM is a Dutch pension fund service provider responsible for managing the pensions for different pension funds, their affiliated employers and employees.
PGGM’s Infrastructure team falls within the Private Markets division. Investments in infrastructure are strongly aligned with the long term investment strategy of PGGM and its clients. The Infrastructure team has a global mandate to invest in equity of infrastructure companies and projects across four different sectors including (I) renewable energy and water, (II) energy and utilities, (III) transportation and telecommunication and (IV) social infrastructure. The team currently consist of 27 professionals who are active in origination, execution and asset management.
Approximately 80% of the current portfolio of Eur 8 bln consists of direct investments in private infrastructure, often in co-operation with strategic and financial investors. The remainder are investments in private infrastructure funds. In the coming years, the emphasis will be on growing the business further through direct investments and creating long term shareholder value through active ownership.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- Master students or students with a Bachelor’s degree in finance/technical studies/maths/physics or other Beta study;
- Studying at a Dutch university and/or have an EU-citizenship
- Analytical capacity, attention to details, ability to carry out creative analyses and a critical mind;
- Financial modelling in Excel;
- Work independently with limited supervision;
- Result driven, goes the extra mile;
- Team player with effective communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- The opportunity to work in a highly dynamic and international working environment at an influential asset manager;
- 3-6 month full-time internship (at least 4 days a week);
- An internship allowance;
- Starting date flexible.
Curious about the PGGM Infrastructure Investment projects you’ll be working on? Check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lImV4pzHSbg&feature=youtu.be
Applications should include your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades.In the Netherlands it is legally required to be enrolled at a University during your whole internship period. If you are an exchange/ international student, please check if it’s permitted for you to do an internship in the Netherlands.
If you have any questions, please contact Tim van der Weert, Campus Recruiter (030 – 277 2151 or email@example.com)
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.