Senior Compliane Consultant
|Background Avantage Reply|
Avantage Reply is a member of the Reply Group, a publicly listed consulting company. Reply employs over 6,000 professionals worldwide, and had revenues in 2016 of EUR 780mln.
Avantage assists Clients in the Financial Services Ecosystem (Incumbents, New Entrants & Fintechs) through 14 offices in the EU and the U.K.. We work with leading financial institutions and for the regulators themselves. In addition, we leverage the technology capability of Reply not only to advise on change but also to implement it. We have extensive experience in:
- Industry-wide legislative and regulatory projects (including advisory, implementation, and due diligence);
- Remediation activities (following supervisory recommendations);
- Organisational change (e.g. resulting from mergers, acquisitions and divestments); and
- Business improvement and optimisation agendas (e.g. risk appetite, capital allocation and cost reduction).
Since 2004, we have rapidly grown from a UK focussed boutique consultancy into a reputable pan-European firm recognised by both supervisors and many of the EU’s largest financial institutions. We continue to adhere to our core philosophy of using innovation and pragmatism in helping firms to deal with complex regulatory and business issues. We differ from the larger consulting firms in our specialised subject matter focus and have an excellent reputation for delivering on our clients’ most challenging issues.
You will be part of a dynamic team, with specialist knowledge and experience in Risk, Compliance, Finance (Capital Management and Regulatory Reporting), Treasury and Operations within the Financial Services industry. You will have the opportunity to work with remarkable clients and projects in the financial services industry, and provide solutions in various domains, such as regulatory advice, implementation of new financial sector regulation and assist clients with regulatory compliance.
As a Senior Compliance Consultant you will be part of the Conduct Risk practice, your role will include the following tasks:
- Support firms manage the significant changes in regulation;
- Managing and embedding the conduct risk framework;
- Developing accurate metrics and management information;
- Demonstrating cultural changes;
- Protecting customer interests;
- Reporting of incidents and analysis;
- Challenging product governance (from development, to sales and after sales);
- Monitoring and recording of conduct concerns and breaches;
- Updating remuneration policies;
- Safeguarding data protection;
- Rolling out of policies, procedures and trainings; and
- Launching of awareness campaigns.
|Key Skills and Competencies|
Our people are at the core of what we do. The core skills we look for in a senior consultant are:
- Subject matter expertise – We look for people 2 – 5 years of strong expertise in Conduct Risk and Regulatory Risk (as Compliance Officer or Compliance Assistant or Compliance Consultant). We expect candidates to have a degree in Law and to be familiar with the basic concepts and key regulatory changes and to increase their expertise as they develop with us.
- Sector focus – We work with the financial services industry; including investment and commercial banks, asset and wealth managers, custodians, insurers, and pension funds. We welcome candidates with direct knowledge of these sectors; particularly those who have worked Compliance Monitoring or have an Assurance background, but also consider applicants from other backgrounds.
- Thought leadership – We continuously challenge our consultants to contribute to industry debates and provide thought provoking commentary on industry issues through white papers, business breakfasts and other events. And expect and Eagerness to learn and to grow and a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Innovation and pragmatism – We encourage our consultants to always look for improvements and put forward their suggestions.
- Project delivery – Our consultants need to be able to analyse complex business issues and to manage projects and stakeholders in challenging client environments. We look for candidates with proven skills in these area, excellent time management and communication skills, and an open and persuasive personality.
- Entrepreneurship – We expect the whole team to contribute proactively to our new business development by analysing industry trends, developing new propositions and taking them to market. Consultants prepared to take ownership of their career and personal development will be given the opportunity to shine and our rewards reflect this.
- Demonstrable ties with EU – We are looking for candidates with Fluency in Dutch and English, who have demonstrable ties with EU(in possession of an EU passport or visa and EU work experience) and are prepared to travel for our clients, primarily within the Benelux, France, Germany & the UK.
|What do we offer you?|
We offer a dynamic and challenging working environment with clients and colleagues. There is plenty of room for further development and training. You will have the opportunity to participate in domain-related trainings, organize events together with important institutions and to write publications.
- Development opportunities – we invest in the development and progression of our people to maximise their potential. All of our current partner group have been promoted from within the firm.
- Great place to work – we are a non-hierarchical organisation and promote openness, teamwork and knowledge sharing within the firm and wider Group of companies.
- Competitive remuneration – we offer a competitive base salary and flexible benefits package. In addition, we offer a range of incentives and bonuses to reward performance and to align individuals’ incentives with those of the firm and our clients.
Please send your CV, accompanied by a cover letter to email@example.com
Please refer to our website: www.avantagereply.com
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.