Junior Portfolio Manager
VanEck is a global asset manager which offers both passive and active investment products. A large part of the business is in Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s) and growing crypto products. The firm has offices worldwide including its headquarters in New York, and offices in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Frankfurt (Germany), Sydney (Australia), Zurich (Switzerland), Singapore, and Shanghai (China).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Together with 6 other members from the investment team you will be managing 26 UCITS ETFs, with a total AUM of roughly USD 6 billion
- Monitoring the portfolios, corporate actions and cash flows
- Completing performance attribution analyses
- Trading stocks, bonds and FX
- Providing support in the post-trade process
- Improve/automate operational processes
- Completing ad hoc and recurring analyses
- Jointly or individually work on projects
- Ensure familiarity with the organizations existing products and operational capabilities as well as industry and market developments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Ability to understand and explain complex investment solutions and/or are enthusiastic to learn.
- Team player with the ability to work individually and with other team members in a small professional team.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree, in Finance or Business
- Some knowledge of crypto a plus
- Internship experience within asset management or banking industry a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Proficient in English and Dutch; other language skills a plus
Do not wait any longer and apply now for the vacancy! See the button below and continue the application process.