At a glance
Are you social, eager to learn and do you want to help building new and existing customer relationships? Apply now for the Markets Traineeship for a start in September 2023.
Markets is the heart of ABN AMRO. From our dealingroom, we advise clients on the purchase and sale of financial products and services, such as equities or currencies. We also assist clients with an IPO or the issuance of bonds. We carry out transactions for our clients from our offices in Amsterdam, New York, Frankfurt, London and Paris.
As a trainee within the Markets department, you are interested in what is happening in the world and the financial markets. And how this affects our clients, our products and the bank. It goes without saying that during the traineeship you get a lot of room to develop yourself, both on a personal and professional level. During your traineeship you will therefore rotate for two years within different teams, for example at Fixed Income & Derivatives, Foreign Exchange , Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets or at Product Management & Strategy. This way you will learn what is going on in the department and you will give your career a real kick-start!
In your first 5 weeks at ABN AMRO you will follow the Corporate Banking Talent Programme together with your fellow trainees. During this period, you will get to know the Corporate Bank. Trainings will be given by those at the very top of their field and in collaboration with Nyenrode University – including university lecturers, professional trainers and managers of ABN AMRO. Together, they will get you a solid basis for further development within the bank. A great start to your traineeship!
Following the Nyenrode training, you will start in the Markets rotation programme to get to know Markets in depth. In the first year you will build strong product knowledge, learn what our desks do and follow a pre-defined rotation schedule to find out where your biggest interest lies. In the second year you will leverage upon your gained experience and you have the opportunity to rotate abroad in New York, London, Paris or Frankfurt. You will also get the opportunity to broaden your horizon by doing a rotation in another department within the Corporate Bank. After 24 months, you will be ready for a position within Markets that best matches your skills and ambitions.
Are you thinking about a traineeship and are you ambitious and willing to learn? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment in the financial sector? Then we are looking for you!
Furthermore, you recognise yourself in the below profile:
- You are in the last year of your Master or you have recently graduated and have a maximum of 2 years of work experience
- You have an economic background or you are interested in the financial markets and the banking sector
- You are eager to learn, motivated and you want to get the best out of yourself
- You have strong communication skills and have an eye for detail
- You are a team player and enjoy interacting with your colleagues
- A valid permit to work and stay in the Netherlands
- Finally, you are fluent in English
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be
- The opportunity to grow as a talent in our company
- The opportunity to develop yourself within Markets and the Corporate Bank
- Every year you are entitled to 25 vacation days
- An additional personal development budget which you can freely use
- Every 5 years you are entitled to a sabbatical
- An annual public transport pass valid throughout the Netherlands
- A good pension scheme and disability insurance
Are you interested? Then respond to the vacancy now, we would like to meet you! Apply via the button and upload your motivation letter, CV and grade list. If you have any questions, please contact Charlotte Valkenet via [email protected].
Important to know:
- The deadline to apply is 25 June 2023
- The interviews will take place the beginning of July
- The traineeship will start in September 2023
- The hiring process consist of CV selection, an online assessment and two interviews