Are you a proactive, dynamic and driven student or graduate, ready to take the first step in your real estate career? We are looking for a Accounting Intern to join our team. You’ll be part of a young, dynamic team, working alongside colleagues from all over the world.
Under the leadership of the Corporate Accountant and experienced senior colleagues, you’ll have a visible position and an impactful role on set-up and process improvement in our pan-European organization. You’ll be challenged to work towards best-in-class Group financials, develop and improve the reporting packs and systems, and be part of the controllership team overseeing 500+ legal entities.
The right candidate has not only the drive and discipline to handle the day to day, but the ambition to grow with us as we develop an unparalleled opportunity as the principal player in urban logistics.
You’ll be joining a young and ambitious company, so there are plenty of opportunities to contribute, and some pioneering to be done. We operate at high speed with no shortage of challenges to solve. The right candidate has not only the drive and discipline to handle the day to day, but the ambition to grow with us as we develop an unparalleled opportunity as the principal player in last mile real estate.
Working at Mileway
We offer an opportunity you simply won’t find anywhere else. In less than two years, Mileway has grown into Europe’s leader in last mile real estate, with a 380-strong team and over twenty offices in ten countries.
Mileway started out to be a different kind of real estate company. As an audacious newcomer, we’re setting things up the way we always wanted them, like our cloud-based IT infrastructure and our team’s ability to flex across borders, combining the best of local knowledge with the pooled expertise of a pan-European business. And in 2020, we picked up an EGI Industrial and Logistics Innovator award.
We may be young, but with a portfolio stretching across Europe, an international, go-getting team, and growth plans that match our ambition, we have some big shoes to fill. To get there, we live our values: Drive, Trust, Grow, Together.
Like most people in Europe just now, you’ll be working from home until it’s considered safe to return to work. Following this, your home base will be either our headquarters in Amsterdam Zuidas or our dynamic hubs in London or Luxembourg. We’ll equip you with a state-of-the-art technology package that helps you keep in touch, wherever you are. That doesn’t mean we need you 24/7. We expect you’ll work hard and also that you’ll need some downtime. Respect for your personal life is key to keeping our team happy and our batteries charged.
What you’ll do
- Help recording bank transactions in the accounting system
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the team in preparation of statutory accounts and tax returns
- Liaise with external auditors during statutory audits
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting
What you’ll bring
- You must be pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in the business-related field (e.g. Finance, Economics, or equivalent)
- You should be enrolled as a full-time student for the complete duration of the internship
- A dynamic, highly motivated, and friendly attitude
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills; Knowledge of Excel
- Creative thinker with a strong willingness to bring added value
- Hands-on attitude – well organized – results focused.