Analyst Corporate Finance – Debt Advisory
Kempen Debt Advisory operates as integral part of the wider Corporate Finance team. We are expanding the team and are looking for a talented young professional with the ambition to further develop his/her credit skills in a commercial environment.
As trusted advisor, Kempen Corporate Finance has the proven ability to engineer and execute financing solutions that are essential for growth and success. We offer access to financing in the public, private and alternative capital markets through the issuance of debt, equity, or hybrid securities.
Our independence is key to our client proposition. Kempen Corporate Finance’s neutrality comes from the fact that we do not finance businesses ourselves, guaranteeing that our advice is independent, objective and always in the client’s best interest. Our dedicated team of financial professionals handles large, complex engagements and all aspects of capital-raising to help maximize the clients’ financial strength and flexibility over the long term.
Kempen Debt Advisory is a growing team, advising clients on the origination, structuring, and execution of debt financings. As a Debt Advisory Analyst you will work closely with your colleagues on attracting new business and the execution of Debt Advisory transactions. You are encouraged to come up with creative ideas and financing solutions. Do you want to reap the full benefits of this position, and make a difference for our customers throughout Europe? Your entrepreneurial spirit and dedication will be applied to:
- Assist in originating new client engagements for the Debt Advisory team across the sectors Kempen focusses on
- Preparing, analysing and helping explain historical and projected financial information in support of ongoing engagements
- Contribute to transaction execution, by preparing transaction-related analyses and materials (information memoranda, management presentations, financial models etc.)
- Assist in negotiations with lenders
- Coordinating third-party work by various other professional advisors and perform business due diligence
- Assisting in relationship coverage of active debt investors, including banks, credit funds, institutional investors and other alternative lenders
- Collecting and analysing company and market information
We are looking for candidates with 1-3 years of work experience and an affinity with debt solutions. You possess sound project management and communication skills and you are a true team player. You have commercial insight, are results-oriented, dare to take initiative, prefer transaction-based work, are not afraid of deadlines, recognize a challenge in new things and seize opportunities!
Check your profile:
- Completed academic training in Business Administration, Business Economics, Econometrics or a technical study
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably within capital structuring, in a specialised lending team (project, leveraged, real estate or corporate financing), loan syndication or DCM at a bank or advisory firm
- Strong in financial modelling and building presentations
- Keen learner, conceptual thinker and strong communicator
- Team player with proactive attitude
- Fluent in English (Dutch is not a requirement)
Kempen & Co is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp, Stockholm and Paris. We are specialised in providing financial services in corporate finance, equity capital markets, securities and asset management. Our clients include among others public and private companies, institutional investors and financial institutions. Kempen & Co strives to outperform other financial service providers on an international level. Our ambition is to be a world-class player in our disciplines and to maintain lasting business relationships with our clients. The Kempen vision is all about fulfilling client expectations – but preferably exceeding them – and being synonymous with high quality, passion, excellent advice and tailor-made solutions. Our entrepreneurial spirit enables us to attract, motivate and retain highly talented staff. Kempen is a bank for demanding clients. It is not so much what we do that makes us unique, but how we do it.
Kempen Corporate Finance focuses on five core sectors; Real Estate, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Tech & Fintech, Infrastructure, and Corporate Advisory. Through our focus on specific sectors across Kempen & Co, we have developed deep inter-departmental understanding and expertise, run efficient execution processes and we can ensure that our clients get access to the right lenders & investors. In the tumultuous year of 2020 we executed 41 transactions with an aggregated value of more than €23 billion. On average we execute 35 – 45 transactions per year.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact.
In addition, our purpose is to create sustainable value for all our stakeholders in a way that contributes to sustainable solutions to the most pressing global challenges.
Turning talent into value, that’s what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
- A culture that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship
- A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background
- A flexible budget (consisting of vacation pay, 13th month and 7 non-statutory vacation days) you can partly mix & match your secondary employment conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities
- Your new job is located at the Amsterdam Zuidas. Walking distance from the train- and subway station.
Enthusiastic? Use the button ‘apply now’. Do you have questions or do you want to have more information? Please contact Sophie Koopman via +31 6 120 83 845 or [email protected]
Application DeadlineApply now
CompanyAbout this partner