We recruit talent throughout the entire year, potential starting dates will be discussed.
What we stand for
Our current economic system has brought unprecedented levels of welfare and prosperity. It is clear to all of us that the ways we produce, consume and finance will have to change.
At MJ Hudson ESG & Sustainability we believe that investors play a vital role in this transition. First, to better understand the impacts of their investments on climate change, ecosystems, and society. Second, to challenge their investments to reduce these impacts and seize the opportunities of the sustainability transition.
What we do
ESG stands for Environmental, Social and Governance, known in the financial industry as the three central factors in measuring the sustainability and ethical impact of companies. ESG factors, though non-financial, can have a material impact on the long-term risk and financial performance of a company. Principally, companies that correctly apply ESG are more conscientious, less risky and more likely to succeed in the long run.
Investors recognise the growing importance of this topic, and therefore work with us to measure and improve the ESG performance of their investments. We work together with companies, operating in a wide range of geographies and industries, to assess what sustainability means for them, how they currently perform, and what they can do to become more sustainable and future proof over time. Because we sit at the table with company management, backed by investors conscious of the role they play in the sustainability transition, we can make real impact. We usually assess performance and discuss strategic priorities annually, allowing us to observe actual progress companies make over time. Because we sit at the table with company management, backed by investors conscious of the role they play in the sustainability transition, we can make real impact. We usually assess performance and discuss strategic priorities annually, allowing us to observe actual progress companies make over time.
What we look for
We are looking for an analyst to join our ESG & Sustainability team based in Amsterdam. We are looking for highly motivated students who are up for the challenge to become the absolute best. We seek top academic performers with strong analytical skills, as we expect a high level of performance. Affinity with sustainability and consulting is an advantage.
We look for candidates who can work 4-5 days per week, for a minimum period of 4 months.
Other qualifications are listed below:
- Excellent management, organisational and communication skills
- Competence in PowerPoint and Excel
- Good work ethos with an eagerness to learn and develop
- Good team member who brings positive energy
- Fluency in English, Dutch is a plus
What we offer
- Remuneration: EUR 13.50 / hour
- Training: We will quickly get you up to speed. This involves an onboarding programme with trainings on hard skills such as PowerPoint and Excel, and trainings on financial markets, the rising role and importance of sustainability, and the tips and tricks within our work.
- Responsibilities: Right from the start you will join one of our projects. We will treat you as a starting consultant, and working with talented colleagues at our Amsterdam office, you will embark on a steep learning curve, building an exceptional consultancy skill set.
- In the context of career opportunities: possibility to advance to a starter position… and obviously all the fun stuff: Friday afternoon drinks, training weekends, Christmas parties, ski trip etc.
About MJ Hudson ESG & Sustainability
Our team consists of approximately 50 people (based in London and Amsterdam) from various academic backgrounds – all driven by the aim to make a real impact.
MJ Hudson ESG & Sustainability was formerly known as Spring Associates. In July 2019, Spring Associates became part of the MJ Hudson Group, a London-based asset management consultancy firm. While remaining independent and operating from Amsterdam, our entire team has transitioned from Spring Associates to MJ Hudson ESG & Sustainability.
We have embarked on an exciting journey of growth: gaining international ground with offices across Europe and North America developing new products and expanding our team. We would very much like you to be part of that!
About the application procedure
Please express your interest by filling in your information and uploading your motivational letter, CV and grade lists through this link. For inquiries about the position or the application procedure please call +31 20 5755 020.
If you pass our selection procedure, we will contact you to schedule an interview round. In this interview round, consisting of two distinct conversations, we will discuss your CV, motivation, and conduct a small case interview to get a feeling for your analytical and problem-solving capabilities.