About Rivean Capital:
Rivean Capital, a pioneering force in European mid-market private equity, has been collaborating with aspiring management teams for four decades to foster unique opportunities. Managing €5 billion in assets, Rivean has successfully executed over 250 transactions, guiding the transformation of compelling businesses with complex opportunity sets and supporting ambitious business leaders in realizing creative growth solutions.
Apart from its Dutch headquarters, the firm maintains a presence in Belgium, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland, offering local engagement with management teams while ensuring a global reach for international M&A, organic growth initiatives, and structural enhancements.
About the Position: ESG Intern
Rivean Capital invites applications for the position of ESG Intern in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. In this role, you will collaborate closely with the Head of ESG, as well as with the Investment and Investor Relations teams.
This is an exclusive opportunity to join a well-established and leading European private equity firm, contributing to the ongoing expansion of our robust ESG program. Rivean’s holistic ESG strategy, which actively engages with portfolio companies on ESG initiatives, offers the prospect to create a positive impact and drive improvements in ESG and operations across diverse industries and enterprises.
This unique role will place you at the heart of an experienced and leading European private equity firm, where you will play an integral role in further developing our ESG program.
Are you deeply committed to sustainability and eager to learn about our role in nurturing responsible businesses within our portfolio?
- Engage with portfolio companies to identify ESG-related opportunities for value creation and risk reduction strategies.
- Assist in evaluating potential investment targets from an ESG perspective.
- Facilitate the implementation of our ESG approach by supporting existing processes and refining internal strategies.
- Oversee the impact of our ESG initiatives on our portfolio by managing datasets.
- Collaborate with the ESG team, investment teams, and other internal departments to coordinate reporting and develop internal and external ESG reports.
- Contribute to communication and reporting on ESG-related matters to investors, regulators, and stakeholders.
We value diversity and appreciate your unique strengths and perspectives. Below are the qualifications and skills we seek:
- A genuine passion for sustainability and ESG, demonstrated through academic coursework, internships, or work experience.
- A university education, ideally with a bachelor’s degree in finance, technical fields, environmental sciences, business/economics, or a related discipline, supplemented with a master’s degree.
- Strong independent work capabilities and efficiency.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation, with a penchant for Excel and other data management tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, facilitating effective collaboration with investment team members, internal teams, investors, and stakeholders.
- A team player who values collaboration and maintains an open mindset.
- Strong organizational skills, proactive, detail-oriented, able to multitask, and meet deadlines while taking ownership of assigned tasks.
- Proficiency in both English and Dutch is a plus.
A motivational letter is a compulsory part of the application process. Any applications received without a motivational letter can unfortunately not be considered.