Are you a proactive, dynamic and driven student or graduate, ready to take the first step in your real estate career? We are looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) intern to join our team. You’ll be part of a young, dynamic team, working alongside colleagues from all over the world.
Under the leadership of the FP&A Manager and experienced senior colleagues, you’ll assist with and own reports and planning for General and Administrative (G&A) expenses. You’ll partner closely with the FP&A management and budget owners and develop a good relationship with wider finance functions to help us meet our finance objectives.
You’ll be joining a young and ambitious company, so there are plenty of opportunities to contribute, and some pioneering to be done. We operate at high speed with no shortage of challenges to solve. The right candidate has not only the drive and discipline to handle the day to day, but the ambition to grow with us as we develop an unparalleled opportunity as the principal player in last mile real estate.
Working at Mileway
We offer an opportunity you simply won’t find anywhere else. In less than two years, Mileway has grown into Europe’s leader in last mile real estate, with a 380-strong team and over twenty offices in ten countries.
Mileway started out to be a different kind of real estate company. As an audacious newcomer, we’re setting things up the way we always wanted them, like our cloud-based IT infrastructure and our team’s ability to flex across borders, combining the best of local knowledge with the pooled expertise of a pan-European business. And in 2020, we picked up an EGI Industrial and Logistics Innovator award.
We may be young, but with a portfolio stretching across Europe, an international, go-getting team, and growth plans that match our ambition, we have some big shoes to fill. To get there, we live our values: Drive, Trust, Grow, Together.
Like most people in Europe just now, you’ll be working from home until it’s considered safe to return to work. Following this, your home base will be either our headquarters in Amsterdam Zuidas or our dynamic hubs in London or Luxembourg. We’ll equip you with a state-of-the-art technology package that helps you keep in touch, wherever you are. That doesn’t mean we need you 24/7. We expect you’ll work hard and also that you’ll need some downtime. Respect for your personal life is key to keeping our team happy and our batteries charged.
What you’ll do
- Partner with FP&A team and the supporting functions (Investment accounting, Property Management, Controllership, Strategic Planning & Analysis etc.) to prepare and track asset performance against budget and past performance.
- Drive, understand and articulate variance analyses as well as risks & opportunities.
- Assist with developing / enhancing all management reporting as it related to NOI and support ad-hoc presentation and board books as needed.
- Take a proactive role in driving cost control, providing offering value adding, insightful financial analysis.
- Assist & execute on planning and forecasting cycles liaising with all cross-country teams accordingly.
- Work closely and partner with the wider finance teams to help ensure financial transactions are correctly reflected for both Financial and Management reporting.
What you’ll bring
- Your education in Finance. You have completed or are close to completing a Finance degree.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills. You have good intermediate level Excel skills and preferably a working knowledge of BI tools.
- Your ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You can keep on top of multiple projects and juggle priorities.
- Computer literacy with focus on Excel skills and preferably working knowledge of BI tools.
- Rigorous attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Completed or completing a Finance Degree.
- Relevant industry experience Real Estate will be a plus but not required.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal; strong executive presence.
- Ability to work independently and to take on additional responsibilities.
- Ability to form and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can juggle priorities effectively.
- Diplomacy, tact, and a helpful, positive, professional presentation and attitude are required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You’re fluent in English. Additional European languages are a plus.
- Some Real Estate experience is a plus.