JPB is looking for an independent and ambitious sales trader with 0-3 years of experience to consolidate and strengthen our Latin American and Caribbean commercial team. The role is based in Warmenhuizen, NH, and requires significant intercontinental travel. You need to be fluent in Dutch and English and have a professional working knowledge of Spanish. You also need an interest in agriculture, the food industry and global trade. Experience isn’t a must, intercultural adaptability, commercial acumen, and the hunger to learn is.
Who are we?
JPB delivers top grade food and food products in our exclusive brands to our global customer base. Since 1943, JPB has grown into a global food distribution leader to retail, food service and industry by specializing in fresh, frozen, commodities and consumer foods. Drawn from eight decades of experience spanning 90 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, The Caribbean and the Middle East, we export our products in our signature brands with consistent high quality and professional service. We started 80 years ago and have finished an entire rebranding of our products in 2021 to compete far into the future with the biggest brands in food.
- Looking for customers and opportunities in new and existing countries.
- Relationship building with existing customers. Frequent contact by phone, at least one annual country visit.
- Proper handling of the entire commercial process from offers, negotiations, transactions to monitoring of payments and shipping schedules.
- Cross- and upselling to existing customers.
- Risk- and financial management of your portfolio.
- Proper communication with the purchasing, financial and logistical departments on order and general level.
- You work directly with the director in this role.
- You have an academic degree in international business, finance, economics, or international relations
- You have 0-3 years of commercial experience
- Your Dutch is native, your English is fluent, your Spanish is good.
- You feel a connection with food, commodity trading, different cultures and international business.
- You always look for pragmatic and logical solutions when problems arise.
- You are commercially and numerically stronger than your peers.
- You like to bring people and cultures together and build a network.
- You are interested to see what lies beyond our European borders
- You are energetic, tenacious, and highly engaged in all you do.
- You are not afraid to (respectfully) speak your mind within the team, company and to customers. Because they certainly will. You can also let go if you need to go the other way.
JPB offers you a unique opportunity to join a highly successful international player in food. We offer you real opportunity to learn, travel and develop yourself while helping us on the path less trodden. You will make real impact because we are small, receptive, and agile enough to incorporate your ideas into our global strategy. You will receive more than fair primary and secondary conditions.
Ready to apply? Send your CV with a short cover letter (Max 1 A4) in dutch to our CFO Niels Goudsblom at [email protected] If you need any additional information, please call Niels at +31 (0) 226 3964 30. Let’s grow together!