Discover the diversity of our real estate field as a trainee / junior analyst.
Got your Master’s degree and are you looking for your next step? Meet NIBC: a small bank with a big heart and great opportunities for (up-and-coming) talent in retail banking. Discover the diversity of our real estate field as a trainee / junior analyst, find out how you can contribute to the funding of remarkable projects and see how much you can learn from your experienced and helpful colleagues.
Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Portfolio Management team?
Portfolio Management Retail is part of NIBC Retail Banking. NIBC Retail Banking excels in mortgage lending and savings products across The Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany, priding ourselves on simplicity and transparency to optimally serve our clients. Our Portfolio Management team plays a crucial role in managing both the mortgage and savings portfolios. This includes activities like interest rate risk hedging of the mortgage portfolio, credit risk assessments, Retail Banking funding, and pricing determination for NIBC mortgages.
This is what you’ll do
As an analyst, you’ll assist us in providing key insights of the risks of and dynamics within our mortgage balance sheet. As a junior / trainee, you’ll start with supportive activities, but you’ll soon receive more responsibilities. Moreover, your teammates will include you in everything they do, which means you’ll get a good idea of the job very quickly.
- You’ll have a supportive role in Portfolio Management Retail. This places you in position closely to the dynamics of the day-to-day business, leading to a lot of interaction with a wide range of experts.
- Your analytical skills will be put to good use in data requests and modelling, such as forecasting, explanation of results and quantitative support to (new) business cases. Key examples are the liquidity planning of our mortgage balance, a crucial role in the market valuation of our mortgage loans and providing essential information of the spread/margins development.
- Your primary clients will be the Retail Banking’s Management Team and our Executive Board Members. And last but not least, you will be the point of contact with our Finance department.
- You will help improve our models both on implementation as well as on methodology. You will work in Python and Excel, where you will focus on automation and improved presentation of figures.
You’ll work in the Portfolio Management Retail team. This team consists currently out of 5 colleagues that work together closely, laugh together and regularly have a social activity together like a dinner. The team is ambitious to improve how we work and what we do. Everyone has a technical background like Mathematics and Econometrics. We are searching for a person who fits in well.
Furthermore, it is a subteam of a larger team where there is expertise on Customer Analytics as well as Structuring. This will provide you with additional learning opportunities on the field of data science as well issuing covered bonds, such that you get exposure directly to a wide range of competences.
Every year, we offer to a selected group of talented colleagues from the entire bank a spot in our Talent Program. You could be part of this program, too! In this program, you and your fellow trainees (a diverse and international group) will focus on personal and professional development. Working and learning-on-the-job is alternated with targeted training and development activities both developed in cooperation with top ranked business partners. Learning on the job is key in this process, you will be challenged with many hands-on exercises and cases to develop your personal and professional skills.
Sarah recently participated in the Talent Program as a junior analyst:
“Before I started working here, I had no idea of the things you could do at a bank. Thanks to my daily activities as part of the Commercial Real Estate team, I’m learning so much. The Talent Program has given me the opportunity to meet lots of people from other teams with whom I can share experiences.”
NIBC as employer
Founded in 1945 to finance the visionary entrepreneurs who helped rebuilding the Netherlands after the second World War, NIBC was closely collaborating while professionally supporting companies and individuals in realizing their dreams and goals with a sustainable future in mind. As a midsize bank with a multicultural working environment that is best described as dynamic and ambitious, we share a forward-thinking, can-do attitude with our employees and clients which we call our THINK YES mentality. Our corporate values are Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial. You will have a direct and meaningful impact on both the bank and its clients. By building our company on optimism and mutual trust, and with our THINK YES mentality, NIBC is an enterprising bank that enables ambitions.
Think YES if you…
- Have a relevant Master’s degree in Mathematics, Econometrics or Engineering.
- Are proficient in Python.
- Are fluent in English and Dutch.
- Enjoy analysing complex numerical problems.
- Are a flexible team player and can manage ad hoc requests and tight deadlines.
- Like taking initiative, are not afraid to ask questions and want to develop yourself.
- Have a commercial mindset, like to work together, have a go-getter attitude and are involved with your team.
- Want to get proficient in SQL and PowerBI.
No relevant working experience required!
Fresh ideas and new perspectives are more than welcome at our bank. Do you not have any (relevant) professional experience in the world of banking and finance, but does this field interest you nonetheless? In that case, we’re very curious about you and what you can bring to the table with your background. As for the ins and outs of working at a bank? You’ll learn those on the job.
What’s in it for you?
NIBC provides an ambitious environment in which together we strive to create a fantastic workplace and where you feel safe and challenged to be the best version of yourself. This is in line with our Professional, Adaptive, Collaborative and Entrepreneurial (PACE) values. You are in the lead of setting the PACE of your career yourself at NIBC. In addition, you will receive a competitive salary, plus:
- Several ways to support your development personally and professionally, so:
- Personal development budget, to spend at your own discretion
- Professional budget provided by your manager, to develop yourself in your work
- GoodHabitz: free online courses you can choose to take for your own benefit
- NIBC embraces the Hybrid way of Working. This means that we support working from home as well as encourage our colleagues to come to the office. NIBC’s guideline is to spend at least half of the working time at the office;
- You will receive a reimbursement for your work travel expenses or an NS Business Card 1st class;
- 32 vacation days (which do not have to be registered);
- Excellent pension scheme (27% NIBC contribution);
- A voucher to improve your home office;
- The opportunity to take ownership and show initiative in your role. We are always open to new ideas, and encourage to use your own voice;
- The nature of our Grow to Make a Difference program enables you to be in charge of your own development;
- Two staff associations: YoungNIBC and MyLeisure;
- Vitality program, annual company-wide sports & leisure days;
- Monthly internet allowance;
- Laptop and a company phone;
- Excellent facilities at the office (Coffeecorner, Restaurant, Exchange bar);
- Last but not least, a fun workplace in which diversity and inclusion is valued (click here).
Will you be our new Talent?
Upload your cover letter and CV via the application button. You can upload multiple documents by clicking the upload button again.
We don’t just want to get to know you, we also want you to get to know us. That’s why there will be multiple interviews. We invite you to be curious and ask any questions you may have. An assessment is also part of the procedure.
Want to know more? Contact us
About the vacancy: [email protected]
About the procedure: [email protected]