Junior Pension Consultant
Do you want to work as a consultant in a dynamic environment in which your own development is central? Do you want to work with us together in teams on solutions for complex financial and social issues? Mercer is immediately looking for a junior consultant within the Wealth business for our location in Amstelveen, Rotterdam or Groningen.
As a junior consultant you provide all possible support from start to finish in the process in order to ultimately bring the advice to the customer in the most efficient and effective way and the highest possible quality. In addition to your focus field, you have the opportunity to develop yourself more broadly and you will be deployed on various projects across different departments within Mercer.
- Together with your customer team you help to work out a complex issue for our customer towards a successful plan of action.
- Carefully processing and analyzing of financial data, documentation and problems contributing to the provision of the right strategy or solution for the customer.
- Independently perform actuarial analyzes and pension calculations.
- Preparing reports, presentations and advice memos and helping colleagues with pension and benefits related studies.
- Following relevant developments and current affairs in your field and applying them in your work.
- Planning your own activities and contributing proactively to the team goals
- Support in communication with customers and their employees about their employment conditions in general and pensions in particular.
Mercer is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Junior Consultant who wants to get more out of him/herself! Our clients come from the top of the market for company pension funds, industry pension funds, large corporate companies, multinationals and SMEs. Their success is partly dependent on your strategic insight, your communication skills and your courage to come up with innovative ideas.
Do you have a university bachelor’s degree:
- in econometrics, actuarial science or mathematics;
- in economics or finance;
- or in tax legal with pension knowledge
then we would like to meet you.
Your other qualifications:
- You have 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience.
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills.
- You are customer-oriented, enthusiastic, proactive, able to work independently and also as a team player.
- Affinity with retirement, financial issues, investments, modern technology and / or big data
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written.
- In possession of a certificate WFT Pension or willing to study for it to obtain it.
- Varied and challenging assignments with relevance for the top of the business segment and for large investors such as pension funds.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent career opportunities.
- Room for personal development and training.
- Good competitive benefits.
- Flat hierarchy, open door culture and room for personal initiatives.
- Attention to work-life balance.
Who are we
Mercer is a global provider of Health, Wealth and Career advice. At Mercer, we promote the health, prosperity and careers of more than 110 million people. We do this by facilitating employers in making well-considered choices. The 20,000 Mercer consultants, located in more than 170 offices in 43 countries, provide clients with support in solving complex employment and human capital issues, as well as designing and managing health, social security and retirement plans. In this way we help our relations to be a good employer and we ensure today for tomorrow.
Our foundational values can be found throughout Mercer – across offices and regions, companies and solutions, generations and cultures. More than 28,000 companies and their employees around the world partner with and grow through Mercer because we believe in:
- People are the heart of everything. They drive our innovation, our solutions, and our passions.
- The future is made by the actions we take today. Together we have the power to make tomorrow healthier, happier and more rewarding
This purpose unites our colleagues around the world, and these principles reflect our commitment to the individuals and families whose lives we impact on a daily basis.
Would you like to know more about Mercer and our terms of employment? Visit www.werkenbijmercer.nl for more information. Or apply directly via our website.
For further questions please contact Bart Oudega.
Application DeadlineApply now
CompanyAbout this partner