Internship Deals Strategy
Are you looking for an internship in applying strategic thinking to a deals process? Then the internship deals strategy is the perfect fit for you.
What is Deals Strategy?
“Due diligence”, which translates to “reasonable care”, became a common legal and business term after the United States’ Securities Act of 1933. Since then it has grown and evolved into the cornerstone of any transaction. The definition of acquisition diligence, in particular, has broadened over time and now includes all aspects of a business: financial, operational, IT, HR, legal, tax and commercial. At Deals Strategy we are concerned with the latter: commercial due diligence which sits at the intersection of M&A and Strategy.
We apply a strategy skill set in an M&A context. During a transaction, information asymmetry is a given: naturally, the target knows more about their company than the acquirer and this often raises key questions. Due to the fast-paced and high-stakes nature of M&A activities, clients need substantive answers quickly. We take an “outside-in” approach to provide essential insights and mark any “red flags” that could compromise the commercial attractiveness of a company. By engaging in research, analyzing company and market data, building market models, and conducting interviews with industry experts, we provide our clients with the necessary knowledge to make the right decisions.
We work with all our clients on their strategic and investment agenda. Our clients include corporate acquirers and private equity (PE) houses, both with their unique needs.
For corporate clients, post-acquisition revenue and costs synergies, operational capabilities, joint-value opportunities, “culture” (mis)matches are key areas of interest. Being part of a broader Deals business unit, allows us to leverage experience in order to unlock potential, recognize any roadblocks and create post-deal value.
For PE clients, we are able to provide quick deep-dives into industry dynamics and value chains, top-line development, business plan assessment, and investigate exit opportunities allowing them to capitalize on key investment opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
Are you in your final year(s) of university? Are you looking for a great way to start your career, and are you interested in applying Strategic thinking to a Deals process? If so, then we have a unique opportunity for you!
We are looking for eager talents with proven affinity with Strategy and / or M&A who have a strong personal drive and are ready to take the next step in their career.
- are currently enrolled in university education and (will) obtain(ed) a financial / economic, business or technical Master degree between September 2022 and September 2023;
- have above-average study results combined with extracurricular activities;
- are enthusiastic, a team player, result driven and highly motivated to continue learning;
- have affinity with mergers and acquisitions, finance and strategy;
- are curious, have strong analytical skills and a flexible mindset;
- have excellent skills in Dutch and English, both oral and written.
This is what we offer you
We believe in the power of an inclusive culture and we want everyone to feel free to be themselves. We offer access to a PwC global network, where you can exchange knowledge, ideas and questions with experienced professionals regarding advisory and other disciplines. We also offer you:
- A varied internship in an international, challenging and professional environment
- Numerous training sessions and course that contribute to your personal and professional development;
- An appropriate internship salary;
- Enjoyable informal activities, including drinks get-togethers.
Getting started at PwC
Are you excited? Then share your cv, grade list, and a cover letter explaining why you are applying and why you are the right person for this position. Click on the red button and apply immediately!
After we have received your application
- You will immediately receive a confirmation in your inbox
- We will contact you within two weeks for a short introductory meeting
- If everyone is enthusiastic, then we will schedule an online assessment. Depending on your score, you will receive an invitation for an initial interview. Click here for more information about the application process.
If you would like more detailed information about the internship Deals Strategy position at PwC don’t hesitate to contact us. Recruiters Tess Uljee or Romond Pop will be happy to help you via [email protected] or [email protected]
Application DeadlineApply now
PwCAbout this partner