Quant Securities – Internship
4-6 month fulltime internship
Are you ready to give your quant career a kickstart in a challenging learning environment as part of the quant team within Kempen Securities? Our Internship Quant Securities gives you the opportunity to develop your potential to the fullest. As a quant intern you will work closely together with our quants and traders on a variety of financial challenges in which you become the programming expert
Our team of quants is part of Kempen Securities, and located in the dealing room of our Amsterdam office. Besides the quants, the Securities department consists of Equity (Sales) Trading, Equity Research and Structured Products. Given the different variety of the activities within Kempen Securities, your added value as a quant can differ per day. For example, you will contribute to the development of our in-house built pricing models, data-driven decision making tools and risk management systems.
Kempen is looking for intern candidates with excellent numerical skills, as well as a proactive attitude. We always require our analysts to confront challenges, and interns are no exceptions. Are you well grounded in mathematics and programming, and are you independent and resourceful? If you feel that you are a good match for this internship and you are willing to take on the challenge, please check your profile:
- Finale phase of your Bachelor or Master student in Econometrics / Data Science / Mathematics / Physics / Computer Science or equivalent;
- Strong programming/scripting skills in MATLAB, preferably combined with Python and/or SQL;
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- A proactive problem solving nature;
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve yourself;
- A passion for finance.
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
We at Van Lanschot Kempen take your development seriously. We give you plenty of opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. We also encourage you to make a real difference: if opportunities present themselves for yourself or us, we give you all the space you need to explore them.
- A monthly internship allowance of € 800,-;
- A committed internship supervisor, valuable feedback and plenty of learning opportunities;
- An internship where you can truly add value;
- Access to our digital learning platform and the opportunity to follow training courses;
- A large network of fellow interns and young professionals.
Application DeadlineApply now
CompanyAbout this partner