Are Financial reporting, data & financial analytics and management accounting topics that interest you? And does Finance mean more than a good salary? Are you not risk averse, but triggered by risks? Would you like to work with big data, models, risk analysis and digitalization? If so, we would like to talk to you about the Finance & Risk Traineeship at APG.
As a Finance & Risk Trainee at APG Asset Management you will be introduced to finance and risk across the board. You will of course be doing assignments that tie in with your university studies and your interests. Looking to deepen your knowledge of the financial organization of an asset manager? An assignment with the business control team would interest you. Interested in the valuation of investments? The financial reporting team would have a great assignment. Do you have an affinity with strategic and non-financial risks? Then you might want to delve into enterprise risk. Do you prefer to focus on deals and risks? In that case an investment risk assignment is right for you. If this sounds like a candy store to you, you’re right: it is. Finance & Risk at APG AM is broad and challenging.
As a trainee you start with clear assignments that allow you to put your theoretical knowledge into practice. Your team members are just as curious as you are: is there another way of modelling, is there a better methodological approach? This is your chance to work on your idea.
Quote of trainee Zexuan Yuan: “For my first assignment, I am building a risk monitoring tool for Listed Real Estate assets in the Asset Risk Management team.I really enjoy working on it, not only because the content itself is interesting, but also because it enables me to apply my skills and knowledge learned from the university on the real investment world! Furthermore, I get a personal buddy, a mentor and a field coach with whom I have weekly contact, and I can always talk to them if I encounter any issue. Every other colleague in the team is also very approchable and willing to help me. I really love the open culture!”
As a Finance & Risk trainee, you will be working in true strategic partnership with the business, working closely with stakeholders to make the right risk-based decisions. One of the spearheads is creating risk awareness with the aid of data-driven insights. Your teammates work on this from the perspective of their own field of expertise: from qualitative matters to quant-related topics.
Spoiled for choice? We can well imagine. But as a trainee there’s no cause for concern: you can immerse yourself in a wide range of subjects first. You also get to use all your technical and programming skills: we want to learn from you, too! Would you also like to dedicate your talent to the leader in responsible investment?
Why your career at APG?
Because APG Asset Management:
- Is the largest pension investor in the Netherlands with 627 billion euros assets on the management and among the top five worldwide.
- In other words, you will see for yourself what goes on in Investment, Risk, Portfolio Management and Asset Liability Management.
- Has big data and therefore has cool data sets under its own management.
- Leads the way in sustainable investment.
- Master’s degree in the field of Accounting, Controlling, Information Management and Finance, with outstanding study results.
- A maximum of two years’ work experience.
- Broad-ranging extra-curricular development is a plus (e.g. committee or board membership, volunteer work).
- Fluency in English (additionally, fluency in Dutch is a pre).
- Analytical, energetic, ambitious, eager to learn, innovative, team player and critical thinker.
- Digitalization skills like e.g. R or Python is a plus.
In the Traineeship of APG:
- You work on 4 assignments in 2 years, each assignment lasts 6 months.
- You will get a job offer on the track that you previously selected and worked for 2 years.
- You will have ample freedom to formulate assignments in response to current issues and in line with your field of interest.
- You will undergo a sharp learning curve, personally and professionally.
- You are assigned your own mentor.
- You do not have to choose your favorite job until after the traineeship.
- In case of a successful 2 year traineeship your contract will be converted to a permanent employment contract.
We offer you:
- A monthly salary of 3.385,00 euros bruto.
- A guaranteed year-end bonus of 8.33%.
- Ample attention to your vitality and personal development.
- Hybrid working: at home and in one of our superb offices.
- And of course a well organized pension.
For pension provider APG, pensions are about people, life and how we live together. Through careful asset management, pension administration, communication and advice, APG wants to help build a decent future in which we share our well-being and prosperity honestly and sustainably. For present and future generations. For today, tomorrow and beyond.
APG is committed to serving 4.7 million people in the Netherlands. That explains the importance we attach to reflecting Dutch society. To that end, APG strives for an inclusive work environment in which everyone can be themselves and their unique qualities are embraced.
Choosing APG means choosing a job in which you contribute to a bright future. Don’t delay, apply today!
Do you see a future with APG? Apply utmost March 31st, 2022 with an English cv and cover letter and show us what motivates you.