Private equity internship at Mentha
Mentha, an independent private equity firm with a focus on the Dutch and Belgium mid-market, is looking for an intern with the right DNA: analytically and socially strong, self-starting and a good dose of personality.
Mentha’s office, located in the Northern part of the Amsterdam port area, adjacent to a shipyard and with views over the IJ river, perfectly reflect our spirit: entrepreneurial, industrial and down-to-earth.
Mentha is active in the mid-market (revenues of c. €25-75m) in the Netherlands and Belgium. We invest in established, profitable companies with clear opportunities for value creation (e.g. organic growth, expansion in new markets, buy-and-build).The Mentha’s investment team consists of 17 investment professionals: six partners, an investment director, four investment managers and six associates. The investment team works together in a hands-on, accountable, energetic and transparent way.
In the role of intern your primary focus will be on supporting the investment team in all aspects of the investment cycle. Activities include deal sourcing, evaluation of investment proposals, deal execution and special projects at portfolio companies with a strong focus on business- and market research and financial modeling.
- Strong academic background preferably with completed Bachelor and currently studying Masters in a numerical discipline (Business, Finance, Investments, Accounting, Econometrics, Engineering etc.)
- Ability to independently analyze and assess market, business and financial information
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Self-starting, ability to work independently and take responsibility
- Ambitious and highly driven to succeed with good level of professional and commercial flair
- Feeling with the lower end of the mid-market and natural ability to ‘connect’ with entrepreneurs
- Fit with the Mentha DNA: strong on both the content and social side, energetic, down-to-earth and fun to win with
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Internship experience in M&A, investment banking, strategy consulting or private equity (preference, no hard requirement)
Start date & duration
Our internships typically last for five to six months. Both start date and duration are negotiable. We accept internship applications on a rolling basis.
For direct application or more information please contact Tim Gabel via [email protected] or +31 (0) 20 63 63 140.
* Research suggest female candidates apply when they are 100% certain they comply with all requirements, while this is 60% for male candidates. Do you recognise this challenge and are you in doubt you comply with all requirements? We are looking forward to receiving you CV!
Application DeadlineApply now
Mentha CapitalAbout this partner