Finance / accountancy and Business Optimization team member
Are you interested in Finance and Investments, and do you have affinity with data and IT we challenge you to become part of our team. We offer a full-time internship (potentially 32 hours) at our Baarn office (<5-minute walk from the train station). The duration of the internship can be discussed, however we prefer a length of at least 6-months.
What will the internship look like
In this internship you will hold a position in the Operations and Business Optimization departments. We offer you the opportunity to become an integrated member of the business working alongside our business professionals. As a member of the business, you will learn what it’s like to work for an investment firm. Besides being a member of the business you will also be a member of the Business Optimization Team. The BOT-team is a young team with a broad skill set (finance, econometrics, data sciences). The BOT-team is focused on process improvements by making use of the latest IT solutions. In this team you will act as a project member and contribute to one or multiple project(s) which have real impact and value for our firm. Together with your manager and buddy we will decide which project suits you best according to your skill set and preferences. An example would be to develop management information reporting on processes that currently does not exist. A second example is to document, standardize and automate current manual processes, and much more. You will be paired with a buddy who will help guide you through the organization. Together with your buddy and manager you will have regular feedback and coaching sessions to help you develop your skills and attain your personal goals.
Who are we looking for
- Students in a Financial, Mathematical or Data science study field
- If your study doesn’t fit one of the above, we might still be interested in your skills. Feel free to share your CV and cover letter
- Students in their final Bachelor year or enrolled in a Master program
- Analytically strong
- Team player
- Not afraid to take initiative if appropriate
- Affinity with data and/or IT
- Open to learn
For us it’s not important if you don’t master certain skills yet. We’re looking for students who are open to learn and develop themselves during their internship.
What do we offer
- Regular coaching and feedback sessions
- An internship placement where you can really add value
- Ownership into (a) meaningful project(s)
- A relative flat organization which is open to your ideas
- A generous internship allowance
Formalities & Application
- Target start date: January 2023
- Duration: 6 months (can be discussed)
Notwithstanding, we are recruiting on a rolling basis and applications are welcome all year round.
Enthusiastic? Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to [email protected] Do you have questions or do you want to have more information, please feel free to reach out through the abovementioned e-mail address.
Proficiency in Dutch is not required but preferred | proficiency in English is required.
Application DeadlineApply now
Cerberus Global InvestmentsAbout this partner