Are you a talented student in the final stage of your study programme? Or have you just completed a master’s degree (from a research university)? Are you eager to apply your knowledge of M&A in actual practice? In that case, how about an Edge Deals traineeship with PwC? A flying start to your career!
What will you be doing?
The Edge Deals traineeship gives you the opportunity to develop into an all-round (international) deals consultant within two years. In the course of those two years, you’ll be able to work within four of the nine different competences, thus building up your experience and broadening your knowledge of the various challenges that are relevant at different stages of a transaction process. A learning and development programme will also be customised especially for you to develop your leadership skills and soft skills.
With around 300 professionals, PwC Deals has a solid market-leader position in the Netherlands. PwC Deals (NL) is part of a wider European and global network of PwC firms, which enables cross-border deals activity. It also draws extensively on the experience and knowledge of thousands of Deals professionals throughout the world. The international network also provides international exchange opportunities for our Edge trainees after their two-year programme.
Does this describe you?
- You have a master’s degree from a research university in Finance, Business, Economics, or a related discipline;
- You must be in possession of a master’s degree at the time of employment;
- You have above-average study results combined with ancillary activities;
- You are ambitious, proactive, analytical, good with figures, results-focused and flexible;
- You enjoy working in a team, have an eye for detail, and perform well under time pressure;
- You are keen to work with energetic colleagues in a diverse, dynamic environment;
- You have an interest in strategic issues, finance, mergers and acquisitions;
- You are fluent in English
What are we offering?
We believe in the power of an inclusive culture and we want everyone to feel free to be themselves. We offer access to PwC’s global network, where you can exchange knowledge, ideas and questions with experienced professionals regarding consultancy and other disciplines. We also offer you:
- a varied job in an international, challenging, and professional environment;
- contact with top-level clients and high-profile transactions right from day one;
- numerous training sessions and courses that will contribute to your personal and professional development;
- an appropriate salary and extensive employment benefits – these benefits include a “well-being budget”, i.e. an annual personal budget of EUR 1000 that you can spend on your health, for example on mindfulness, sport, lifestyle coaching, wellness, or noise-cancelling headphones;
- a fully equipped, ergonomic home office with a second monitor;
- a monthly internet allowance;
- a lease car or a travel costs allowance, a laptop, and an iPhone;
- 32 days’ holiday a year;
- hybrid working at the client, at home and/or at the office;
- the possibility, within standard working hours, of focusing on Corporate Responsibility, various networks, diversity, innovation and/or recruitment;
- convivial informal activities, including drinks get-togethers, a Christmas party, and a skiing weekend.
The application deadline is 23.59 on April 15th, 2024.
Be sure to mark these dates in your diary:
15 April 2024 – Application deadline for the Edge Deals Traineeship (starting date March);
21 April 2024 – Deadline for the online assessment (please note that we may send the assessment earlier and you will have one week to complete the assessment after receiving an invitation);
6 or 7 May 2024 – Deals Experience day
16 till 18 May 2024 – Business Course
23 or 24 May 2024 – Final interviews for the traineeship with partners.
Getting started at PwC
If you are interested in the Edge Deals traineeship and meet the required profile, then go ahead and apply and upload the following documents:
- your CV;
- a document in which you answer these three questions:
- Why do you want to work at PwC?
- Why the Edge Deals Traineeship?
- Why should we select you?
- the grade transcripts for your Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes.
If you would like more detailed information about the Edge Deals Traineeship at PwC, that’s no problem! Talent Acquisition specialists Tess and Romond will be happy to help you via [email protected] or [email protected]