Venture Capital Intern
Do you want to experience how it is to work in a VC firm? To experience a job where you can have a positive impact on the world by investing in and supporting start-ups and scale-ups active in the water industry? This is your opportunity to enter or leverage on your passion for the exciting world of Venture Capital, working for a 4-to-6-month period within our team, gaining valuable knowledge about start- and scale-up technology investing.
PureTerra Ventures is a global venture capital firm focused on investing in disruptive water technologies with a positive environmental and social impact. Our mission is to provide “clean water for all”. With our head offices in Amsterdam, our fund is being managed by an entrepreneurial-minded team, each with their own specialism, added value and responsibility. We all share a passion for the water technology market and to create a unique value proposition for our investors and portfolio companies alike. At PureTerra we firmly believe in a flexible and open culture, where creative ideas, high standards of work and passion are highly valued.
The internship is intended to get young and ambitious career starters exposed to working in a VC firm and get the hands-on experience by contributing to all aspects of our deal flow, including souring preliminary due diligence, financial modelling & valuation, and support the Business Analyst and team with solid research and analysis.
- Support the PureTerra investment team during a fixed term placement (4-6 months)
- Assist in the full deal sourcing process;
- Financial analysis of potential investments, incl. valuation analyses (e.g. forecasting, exit scenario’s, comparable company analyses, comparable transaction analyses);
- Analyze promising areas within the water industry, identify new and relevant market trends and help us spot fast-growing ventures that provide interesting investment opportunities;
- Assist during due diligence processes as part of the execution of transactions, incl. attending meetings with prospective investees;
- Assist with internal processes such as investor communication, fund reporting and stakeholder management.
Desired Skills, interests, experiences and personality we are looking for:
We love to work with smart, passionate, and interesting people and we hope you have the right chemistry with us. We expect you to demonstrate a high work ethic and a great sense of responsibility in your daily tasks, proactively taking on projects by yourself and managing them to completion. We value integrity, respect, entrepreneurship, and an open mind.
Besides, the below requirements are also important to fulfil the role:
- Enrollment in, or just finished a (Master) level university program preferably with a major in economics, business, finance or technology;
- Passionate about environment protection, investing, start-ups and technology;
- Strong personality, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Exceptional analytical skills together with Strong Powerpoint and Excell skills;
- Excellent comprehension of the English language, both verbally and in writing; Dutch is preferred;
- Soft skills: energetic, ambitious, original, open-minded and a good sense of humor;
- Within close proximity to our Amsterdam office.
Application DeadlineApply now
Pure TerraAbout this partner